User Tag List

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Default The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Is anyone looking forward to this game? It's out in May.

I really enjoyed the first Witcher. If you haven't played it and you like RPGs, I strongly recommend it. I preferred it over the Dragon Age games.
    I liked the music too, even though it was mostly sampler instruments (though an excellent example of what can be done with technology).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wit...ssins_of_Kings

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yep, I really am excited about The Witcher 2. I played the first Witcher and later I read all the books about it, which I really enjoyed.

I did not read much about The Witcher 2 yet though. I just saw a bit of the graphics and the fighting, which hopefully will be a bit more exciting than that of The Witcher 1 (it wasn't terrible, but it could have been more variable).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I actually didn't finish the first one. I got stuck around the part where I earned a lot of money, then I spent it all on hookers.
    Well, I lie. But I did get a nasty reputation in the game. Collected those pictures you get, you know. Even nailed the wood nymph.
    Anyway, I will most definitely play the second game, and I might even play the old one just to finish it this time around. I don't know why I didn't continue.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Anyone playing this? It's significantly harder than Dragon Age II and looks nicer to boot.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Anyone playing this? It's significantly harder than Dragon Age II and looks nicer to boot.
    I never even heard of it until you mentioned it, but I'll look it up. I was disappointed in DA2... I finished that game once and couldn't replay it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I couldn't get into DA2 myself at all. Barely played through much at all.

I've pre-ordered witcher 2 a few months ago, my PC should start downloading soon.

Although I am currently also quite happy messing about in Heroes of Newerth. I'm actually getting fairly decent at that game, and I love the fact each game lasts ~40 mins and you can just walk away and come back a week later and not miss out on anything. Since every game you start at level 1. Ofcourse, it's nothing like an RPG, no storylines or cutscenes. Just some competative multiplayer gaming.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned

I received it as a gift and will probably play it this weekend.

Wasn't the Witcher a game regarding bonking tavern wenches to collect their 'collectors cards' with monster slaying as a side quest?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I played the first one without hunting for every willing woman and it was still fun, so I would say it is not the main objective The "sex card" thing just got much more attention in discussions because it is a bit unusual.

I bought Witcher 2 last week, but didn't have much time to play it yet. Game looks nice so far and combat is quite different to the first one and to those in other RPGs, which made it very hard to find in (I died already so often) together with the fact that the tutorial is not as good as in the first Witcher, but I think I am getting used to it. I just wish my computer would be strong enough to play it on higher details, although the game doesn't look bad even on lower details.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

So anyway, I thought this game was pretty good, right up until the point that it seemed to end prematurely. If it was 1/4-1/3 longer, it could have been great.