• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firearms!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I asked the guy at a local gun shop what kind of ammunition would be used for a home/self defense weapon. He said without hesitation that the hollow point round was the only way to go, for a couple of reasons: the round actually umbrellas out on impact, causing more internal damage, and also that because of this, it's not as likely to cause an exit wound that would potentially hurt anyone/thing that may lie beyond the intended target. I do remember 5.56mm HP rounds are what we loaded into our M16A4's when deployed :rock:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
^^^i thought only ball ammo was allowed by the geneva convention?

i always found de-cocker safeties to be difficult to operate, but i guess you get the hang of it after a while.

keltec has a crap reputation, but actual reviews seem mixed. some people say it's garbage, a lot of people say they work fine. i think describing the sub2k as a "carbine" is almost a stretch. look at it. it's a pistol with a long barrel and a stock.

edit:
The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibits the use in international warfare of bullets which easily expand or flatten in the body, giving as example a bullet with a jacket with incisions or one that does not fully cover the core.[14] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, ...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Crap, you're right.... Hrrmm, why am I remembering the hollow point in regards to past training? Idk.

O

Oberon

Crap, you're right.... Hrrmm, why am I remembering the hollow point in regards to past training? Idk.

Also, there are circumstances under which hollow-point bullets are not your best option anyway... though as a general rule your information was correct.

R

RDF

If it was training, then you were probably using blanks. They look like hollow points. We used them a number of times in training exercises.

If you were using blanks, you probably had to use an adaptor too. With the M16, you have to clamp an adaptor on the barrel to increase the blowback and make the rifle work properly in semi-auto mode.

See Wiki under "Blank (cartridge)": "Blanks are commonly used when the sound and flash of gunfire is needed, but a projectile would not be safe, such as in military training maneuvers [...]"

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If it was training, then you were probably using blanks. They look like hollow points. We used them a number of times in training exercises.

If you were using blanks, you probably had to use an adaptor too. With the M16, you have to clamp an adaptor on the barrel to increase the blowback and make the rifle work properly in semi-auto mode.

See Wiki under "Blank (cartridge)": "Blanks are commonly used when the sound and flash of gunfire is needed, but a projectile would not be safe, such as in military training maneuvers [...]"
I might have made myself look kind of like a moron here, but I'm certainly not confusing hollow points and blank rounds. hahaha... God, I hated blanks. Good for nothing but making your gun disgusting and dirty.

Yeah, we used these when we fired blanks:
105873_ts.JPG

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Found this:
b1_1221.jpg

Yep, we used the ball ammo. Definitely remember the neon green tip.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I have a GSG-5 .22cal semi-auto rifle and a Gammo .177 cal air rifle.

It's pretty sweet, but I am looking to sell it. I don't have a good outdoor place to shoot it.

GSG5Rgt.jpg