User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyes Wide Shut: One Big...

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's easily his worst film.
    I disagree and name 'Killer's Kiss' instead.

I don't think it's one of his best, but it's still very good. I like it more every time I watch it.

Then again, I think The Shining sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    I don't think it's one of his best, but it's still very good. I like it more every time I watch it.

Then again, I think The Shining sucks.
    This, on both counts.

What I like about Eyes Wide Shut is that the major theme is one that intrigues even the smallest bit of succumbing to temptation can have repercussions both significant and enduring. How the fantasy world and the real world are both fine as long as they are separated, but if joined can cause calamity. It makes you think about how the only way to truly preserve your character is to be flawless, because the tiniest stain is as hard to get out as the largest. Yet none of us are flawless, so what is the true measure of character? These are the questions this movie raises for me, and I think it's effective in exploring them. Could it be better? Sure. But I don't think it's either boring or bad.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

I really liked it. I think Tom was quite a good choice for it too, at least in that he represents what I think he was supposed to well. I also think part of the point was to make all of that sex unsexy.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

I just watched the movie. I liked the slow pace of the movie. Didn't like the ending because it didn't feel like an ending.

Am I not classy enough to appreciate the movie?

I liked the movie but what the fuck was it supposed to be about - a secret society which takes part in orgies? So what???

Fuck you director of the movie.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

lots of foreplay, no climax for me.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar

I liked it when I saw it years ago at the theatre. It's a contextual thing I think. At the time it came out there was nothing like it so it was fresh. Now we have all sorts of movies which kind of touch on similar subjects.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Despite the cold, bare orgy scenes, the colours used in the other scenes were sensual. The dreamlike atmosphere captured my attention, the entire film felt like a long inescapable dream. The colours red, yellow and blue were a motif and he even combined as can be seen in the prostitute's purple dress (for AIDS).

Some people say he used the colours red, white, and blue to represent the national colours and hidden societies (illuminate etc.).