• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CROSSFIT TRAINING

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is something i have recently started. I did not look for it or look into it much.
I have been doing this three times a week for three months. It appeals to me because there is a lot of focus on core strength and not so much on the body beautiful side of things. Just wondered if anyone else is doing this and what are their opinions.

Omission1234

i did crossfit traing for about 3 years, it is great!. I row and I was involved in swimming and kickboxing/jiu-jitsu sooo i like a lot of cross training in general. I guess the biggest difference is its intense 35-60 min circuit type workouts. I never had to make up my planned workouts, my coaches and trainer for rowing did soo that was definfitely a bonus. I dont know all the ins and outs of crossfit like the actually physiology and all that. But it definitely improved our times and i was in decent shape. The only thing is I would say( im not a trainer or academic at all ) but the programme was pretty sweet but there wasnt alot of room for indivual workouts like if instead of this workout for day 3 i wanted to do an hour swim and maybe some core.. it wasnt allowed... I totally get it goes against the programme but sometimes i felt like my body was either overworked or i needed a change to a different environment. That may have been mentally getting frustrated too. But it was a different situation i guess because it was one programme for like 25 people. lightweights, heavyweights, guys and girls all in one.

-the programme was altered constantly which is the point for it to progress with you... i just like somedays going for a hike instead or an hour swim or a row instead. yeahhhhh

I hope we are talking about the same thing... otherwise i talked about something totally irrelevant haha. :bye:

wolfy

awsm
Crossfit is really popular. It's a good program with good solid movements at it's base. The main criticisms I read are it's fairly random in its changes, not allowing for progressions within a movement. The other is there is too much focus on pushing the body to it's max every time. Throwing up bravado and that kind of thing.

I've never done it, only read a few articles. I train a lot, just tends to be by my own design. Good luck!

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Crossfit is really popular. It's a good program with good solid movements at it's base. The main criticisms I read are it's fairly random in its changes, not allowing for progressions within a movement. The other is there is too much focus on pushing the body to it's max every time. Throwing up bravado and that kind of thing.

I've never done it, only read a few articles. I train a lot, just tends to be by my own design. Good luck!

Same here. My workouts are generally my own creation. I incorporate other types of weight training/exercises if I like them (find a weight training exercise that works a certain muscle? Incorporate it and see if I like it.)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like its style. I mostly train at home (I have my own equipment), so flexibility isn't an issue. Most of my workouts are shaped similarly to crossfit's ideas (although I used to train like that even before I came in contact with crossfit). It's a good way to combine strenght training and aerobic/anaerobic traning.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the imput fellow forumers.
I am going in today to do a 5k run. It's not a real run, it's on the treadmill, it feels like cheating a bit yet i am absolutely dreading it.
The last time i did a big run was when i was very young doing a fun run which was about 3 miles or poss 2 and i was a teen.
Anyone do long runs here?
*freaks out*
I really enjoy being pushed in the workouts, i don't think i have ever been so compliant in my life. Usually i rebel against all forms of authority (authority may be the wrong word here but for lack of a better one i shall use it) but this feels different.
I am really getting into the dynamtic of trainer and trainee, it's a bond all of it's own, feels quite experimental.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yay i smashed it! Well i say i smashed it, what i mean is i completed it. I got a pretty rubbish time on it 36.06 mins but apparently thats fairly normal for first timers who are not used to running. I smoke a ridiculous amount so running long distance is hard. I feel like i achieved something today, endorphins kicked in. Alacazam!