User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Which Coldplay album is best?

Maybe the only band that has 3 albums that I still can't choose a favorite from. I've followed them since they released "A Rush of Blood to the Head."

Which do you think is their best release?

MBTI
    INTJ

The Bends

They're all tied for last
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

My favourite would have to be "A Rush of Blood to the Head", there isn't really a bad song on that album, and it really works as a whole album.

I particularly love the whole Faith vs. Science theme that runs through the album; the protagonist doesn't seem sure whether he should follow logic or faith. For me it is one of the most spiritual albums I've listened to, I wouldn't consider myself religious, but it seems to pose it's concept in questions rather than statements making it more relatible.

Their follow up "XY" on the otherhand just feels like a songbook really, no real concept just catchy songs. "Parachutes" is a bit hit and miss really but "Trouble", and especially "Don't Panic" are fantastic songs.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ISTx

I hate people who hate this band.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    My favourite would have to be "A Rush of Blood to the Head", there isn't really a bad song on that album, and it really works as a whole album.

I particularly love the whole Faith vs. Science theme that runs through the album; the protagonist doesn't seem sure whether he should follow logic or faith. For me it is one of the most spiritual albums I've listened to, I wouldn't consider myself religious, but it seems to pose it's concept in questions rather than statements making it more relatible.

Their follow up "XY" on the otherhand just feels like a songbook really, no real concept just catchy songs. "Parachutes" is a bit hit and miss really but "Trouble", and especially "Don't Panic" are fantastic songs.
    I kind of agree with your opinions on each album. "Don't Panic" is one of my favorite Coldplay songs but I also really like "Spies" from "Parachutes," although I really don't understand the meaning of the song. It's a real cool song and it's got a neat vibe though...

I think I lean towards liking the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" most as well, but I'm not really definite.

I wonder if they'll fall apart on their next album. Hope not.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I hate people who hate this band.
    Haha, sorry, I felt slightly bad about my sarcastic post. I actually have all of their three albums on my PC. I think I have listened most to Parachutes. The vocalist has a very nice voice, and they write some good, catchy pop music. But you know I hardly feel their music is very artistic and innovative. That's where you have to give Radiohead credit, they have maintained an amazing and very rare artistic integrity for a band that popular and they are by far the strongest innovative force in popular music. Their role in pop music is remarkably similar to that of The Beatles back in the old days, when I had yet to exist.