User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yes. I've gone to movies alone for years, and sometimes I prefer it to going with someone.
    I never understood why people find this to be weird at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I prefer to go to the movies with someone else. For me it is a social activity. I like to have a conversation with the other person while I wait for the film, and I like to talk about the film immediately when it's over: analysing it, discussing what we liked and what we didn't like. I also like someone beside me when I want to point something out during the film. (And yes, you can do that quietly, so that only the person intended to hear what you're saying hears it.)

I've been to the movies alone before in cases where I couldn't find people interested in the film, but I found the experience frustrating every time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I would prefer to go with other people to interact with their energy fields but then I am used to doing things alone and its how it is most often I find myself going to the movies alone like 98% of the time, Its become common and its when I am going with other people that it seems out of place now. Too few friends are interesting in going with me. Its been like this from the start I mayn't enjoy it that much sometimes wondering what did I miss. Of the few occasions I have gone to the movies with my friends I started becoming self conscious a little then happy to share the experience with others.

i really like going to the matinee shows alone.
    i always feel i'm in a secret hideout and nobody
    can find me in the middle of the day. tres fun.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

i really like going to the matinee shows alone.
    i always feel i'm in a secret hideout and nobody
    can find me in the middle of the day. tres fun.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

No. I don't really go to the movies much, or watch movies all that often. Maybe one or two a week......
    I don't think it's weird when people go to the movies alone, but I don't think I would enjoy it.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTJ

If there's a film I want to see alone its probably because I like it a lot but none of my acquaintances do. Also, if I like it a lot, I'm probably going to want to over analyze it or watch it again immediately. Top that off with the chance of having to fight people for good seats/washrooms after the film/parking and transit, I'd probably end up "acquiring" the film after it came out on blue ray.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Of course, it's one of life's little pleasures. Be it a block-bluster or small, independent flick, I prefer to go alone. Friends and family are too distracting especially when they're unimpressed, I have to resort to the "accidentally spilled my popcorn on you" tactic to get them out.

There was a period in my life where I'd intentionally choose early, obscure times so I would be able to attend alone and (furthermore) have the whole theatre to myself. These days, I just tell people outright that I prefer to see it alone, a few that were initially skeptical have actually made the switch. I don't think watching films is a social activity, if anything it's anti-social so invite people? I prefer to experience the film alone unaffected by someone's perception of it at that moment.