• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rebecca Black Parody?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before any of you guy's say it, that it is a waste of time to ponder this, or devote any attention to what is essentially prepubescent girl- you are ABSOLUTELY right.

However, I am still curious: am I the only one who truly believes it is a pardody? A clever social experiment designed to torture millions of people while being a hit at the exact same time?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Linky?

Or do I have to Google this? (fiend!)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I apologize in advance for posting this link: and omg, it's at nearly 47 000 000 views ...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0"]R_Black[/YOUTUBE]

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Which post shall I ma---ake???

Somewhere, whomever wrote this song is laughing, though whether due to humourous parady, sadism or merely pleasure at the unexpected popularity of a badly written set of lyrics, I'm not sure.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Which-Seat-Should-I-Take.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

I spent the last 2 weeks with my family trying to ignore this. They spent the 2 weeks, trying to find ways to play this for me. >:E

I finally gave in yesterday.

My favourite line has to be " yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday, tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes aftterrrwarrdddssss"

I was like " OMGZZNOWAI!!!"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CiBVpD1ToI&feature=player_embedded"]LOL[/YOUTUBE]

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
In every generation there's one driving force that provides the spark needed to light that flame bringing forth progression and innovation. A driving force which that shatters the glass fixture of that which is established and rebuilds it, yet this time completely redefining aspects of the original and taking into account it's structural flaws. Rebecca Black is that driving force for our generation, and I consider myself privileged to toss the freshly hand picked rose pedals in her path as she descends from her platform, and while only gracing all of us with only glimpse of her presence, she's providing the frame work which shall have an everlasting effect on modern music sound as we know it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In every generation there's one driving force that provides the spark needed to light that flame bringing forth progression and innovation. A driving force which that shatters the glass fixture of that which is established and rebuilds it, yet this time completely redefining aspects of the original and taking into account it's structural flaws. Rebecca Black is that driving force for our generation, and I consider myself privileged to toss the freshly hand picked rose pedals in her path as she descends from her platform, and while only gracing all of us with only glimpse of her presence, she's providing the frame work which shall have an everlasting effect on modern music sound as we know it.

Oh dear.

When's the last time you've been on a date?

I agree entirely with Stigmata. With this profound song, Black has demonstrated that she does not shy away from asking the big questions in life: kickin' in the front seat or sittin' in the back seat? My friend and I both agree that she represents a generation's anxieties with poise, intelligence, and maturity without condescending to them. Brava, Rebecca Black.

EDIT: Jennifer, you're just a big old meanie.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*runs out the cafeteria flailing arms and crying hysterically.*

Wow. Thank goodness it's Friday (to be followed by Saturday, and then Sunday comes afterrwarrdddssss).

rav3n

The song was funny/dumb until I realised she's 13 years old (she looks around 16 or 17). And then it all made sense!

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I literally JUST saw this for the first time yesterday, after noticing loads of my Facebook friends 'liking' all sorts of crap with the name Rebecca Black in it. I thought "Is this some philanthropist hero I need to be aware of?". I investigated, and immediately wanted to punch those Facebook friends in their goddamn ironical faces.

I actually went asking an extended family member in her late teens just WTF this was about, I asked if it was a joke. She told me not to question it. I tried, but I can't stop asking "Why??? WHY???".

............partyin', partyin'..........partyin', partyin'.......

I hate pop culture. I HATE IT.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
In every generation there's one driving force that provides the spark needed to light that flame bringing forth progression and innovation. A driving force which that shatters the glass fixture of that which is established and rebuilds it, yet this time completely redefining aspects of the original and taking into account it's structural flaws.

I feel exactly the same way. We are products of our society, and we must all embrace the inner calling, the talent within. It is not with mediocrity that we should drift through life, but rather with purpose, in glee, to lift others.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The song was funny/dumb until I realised she's 13 years old (she looks around 16 or 17). And then it all made sense!

I'll say this: She's a lot more famous at 13 than I am at 3x that age. Hmph.

I feel exactly the same way. We are products of our society, and we must all embrace the inner calling, the talent within. It is not with mediocrity that we should drift through life, but rather with purpose, in glee, to lift others.

Oh please... not more of your INTP hyper-emo-idealism!
I need a shower.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad others have finally decided to unravel the rags and remove the blindfold. Until I discovered this video approximately 4 days ago, I too was just another ignorant follower. No hopes; No dreams; Complacent in my life, and existing only due to lack of other viable options.

Rebecca Black's tales of this thing called "Friday" have reinspired me to continue searching from my own enlightenment by ascending to the higher plane of consciousness to which she refers. Basically, there's always another "Friday" just over the horizon for all of us, which given her philosophy, would actually in fact be today as yesterday was "Thursday". I hope to pass on a happily after finally experiencing for myself what she refers to as the "Weekend" which is a euphoric state of mind only achievable after one passes the grueling trials of the Weekday.

Work hard now(monday-thursday), receive my reward later(friday). The day of reckoning is upon us; The prophecy of Friday is true!