• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rebecca Black Parody?

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know what's sad? Her parents paid the film and auto-tune company that produced this short video, ARK Music Factory, roughly 2,000 USD.
Yup.

I don't know why that's sad. They're making a better profit than any stock you can name. I mean yeah, to pay somebody to make a song and video for your untalented kid does smack a bit of child beauty pageants, but I don't think it's exploitative. It worked out just fine for them. I think that's more worthy of a $2,000 investment than commemorative plates or fake ass gold coins or Pokemon crap. Everyone has their own interest to spend their money on.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know why that's sad. They're making a better profit than any stock you can name. I mean yeah, to pay somebody to make a song and video for your untalented kid does smack a bit of child beauty pageants, but I don't think it's exploitative. It worked out just fine for them. I think that's more worthy of a $2,000 investment than commemorative plates or fake ass gold coins or Pokemon crap. Everyone has their own interest to spend their money on.

Oh, from a capitalist perspective, sure it makes sense. I approve of their investment.
But from a perspective of "there are people starving in Africa, etc." it seems a bit stupid. There are many better uses for such a sum of money than making a badly-autotuned Sesame Street's Rejects pop song.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1:

i dunno, she's cute, the song is cute, but god the lyrics are inane as hell, and whoever let her go without additional vocal training is an idiot. the way she says "friday" is painful. i have way more of a problem with her producers than her. unless they all know it's a parody, in which case it's brilliant but extremely annoying.

Exactly.

And I hate how people have beat up on HER - a mere child - and not given her parents a nasty look for doing that girl an extremely poor turn.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of us are used to 25-35 year-olds playing 16 year-olds, so we would hardly recognize a real 16 year-old if we saw one.

That's not true, my eldest will be 16 in, like 3 weeks.
... then again, he's 6'4". :doh:

Oh, from a capitalist perspective, sure it makes sense. I approve of their investment.
But from a perspective of "there are people starving in Africa, etc." it seems a bit stupid. There are many better uses for such a sum of money than making a badly-autotuned Sesame Street's Rejects pop song.

Oh, geez, don't pull the starving people in Africa thing, or I'll have to ask you why you are wasting your time posting on this forum when you could be ladling out food to homeless people in soup kitchens...

G

garbage

Oh, geez, don't pull the starving people in Africa thing, or I'll have to ask you why you are wasting your time posting on this forum when you could be ladling out food to homeless people in soup kitchens...

Time spent on this forum is time spent from a place of pure benevolence in our hearts. We study typology systems and interact with one another on a psychological basis so that we understand other people and, ideally, so that we can apply that knowledge for a greater understanding of the people around us and for the betterment of our world.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I dunno why people gotta hate so much.

It's not every day a well-trained howler monkey makes it to 700,000 views on youtube...let alone creates a song at all.

I think we should be applauding humanity and it's achievement in this very important field. Thinks of where we can go! What we can do!

Rebecca Black is the holy fucking grail of PROGRESS!

Wait...too much?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
In all seriousness, I get thoroughly annoyed with these kids that produce sub-par bullshit like this and everyone turns the other cheek and smiles with the "Well, he/she is only X years old!" excuse. What does that matter at all if it's crap? My opinion wouldn't be any different had this song of been sung acapella by a new born baby old enough to only have their act calculated using the seconds hand on a watch. It's still shit. Any child with fully functional vocal chords in theory has the ability to sing, but that doesn't mean they all should be doing it.

I'm sick of the media trying to convince me that mediocrity is so much more extraordinary because said person has overcome so ridiculous adversity, while in the mean time giving me poop on a silver platter and serving it at room temperature. I don't care if you've got one eyeball, are in pre-school, or have an inflamed pancreas. If it sucks, it sucks, regardless of any outside factors.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In all seriousness, I get thoroughly annoyed with these kids that produce sub-par bullshit like this and everyone turns the other cheek and smiles with the "Well, he/she is only X years old!" excuse. What does that matter at all if it's crap? My opinion wouldn't be any different had this song of been sung acapella by a new born baby old enough to only have their act calculated using the seconds hand on a watch. It's still shit. Any child with fully functional vocal chords in theory has the ability to sing, but that doesn't mean they all should be doing it.

I'm sick of the media trying to convince me that mediocrity is so much more extraordinary because said person has overcome so ridiculous adversity, while in the mean time giving me poop on a silver platter and serving it at room temperature. I don't care if you've got one eyeball, are in pre-school, or have an inflamed pancreas. If it sucks, it sucks, regardless of any outside factors.

I guess I'm looking it more as a path someone is following to reach an end goal, a perspective I've been forced to develop as a parent. Yeah, objectively, something my kid had produced in second grade might suck by adult standards, but realistically it is one rung on a ladder to someplace better, and just a step in a long-term process meant to lead someplace good. I could tell my son in seventh grade orchestra that he was playing well (because he was playing above par for his age) even if it sucked on a professional level; and now he's gotten much better, and plays well for a tenth grader... but he's still not a professional. It's all relative. In terms of judging where someone is at in their growth scale, it's a valid and useful assessment....just as it's valid to you to say, "Looked at out of context, just compared to any other art creation in existence, it's pretty sucky."

Yeah, it's not a Wagner opera; and it's not even Katy Perry, and it's actually not even New Kids level. All true. But considering that most 13-year-olds don't even do this, compared to other 13-year-old's, it's a start.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Friday! Maybe not in a Mozart/Bob Dyllan type of way, and more of a Will Ferrell type of way, but I love it nonetheless!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Attention, TypoC. The day of the Sabbath is upon us once again. Bow your heads!

Rebecca-Black-Friday-Lyrics.jpg

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What was yesterday?

What is tomorrow??

If there were only a song or something out there to inform me...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Wait. A week ago was Friday, and now it's Friday again. I think two weeks ago might have been Friday, too. Is this a pattern? Should I win some kind of science award? Please advise.

PM me or something, because I have to go internally debate which seat I can take. My friends are here, and they seem to be having an equally FUN time kickin' in both the front and back seats. I have to resolve this issue before we can do any gi-in down.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you might be on to something, there. That's so deep Tallulah, I want to rub your brain all over my naked body, that's how deep that is.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It's Friday Friday Friday...

I highly doubt it was any kind of a parody. It seems to me like one sad case of a rich, untalented girl who had nothing better to do.