User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    You know what's sad? Her parents paid the film and auto-tune company that produced this short video, ARK Music Factory, roughly 2,000 USD.
    Yup.
    I don't know why that's sad. They're making a better profit than any stock you can name. I mean yeah, to pay somebody to make a song and video for your untalented kid does smack a bit of child beauty pageants, but I don't think it's exploitative. It worked out just fine for them. I think that's more worthy of a $2,000 investment than commemorative plates or fake ass gold coins or Pokemon crap. Everyone has their own interest to spend their money on.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't know why that's sad. They're making a better profit than any stock you can name. I mean yeah, to pay somebody to make a song and video for your untalented kid does smack a bit of child beauty pageants, but I don't think it's exploitative. It worked out just fine for them. I think that's more worthy of a $2,000 investment than commemorative plates or fake ass gold coins or Pokemon crap. Everyone has their own interest to spend their money on.
    Oh, from a capitalist perspective, sure it makes sense. I approve of their investment.
    But from a perspective of "there are people starving in Africa, etc." it seems a bit stupid. There are many better uses for such a sum of money than making a badly-autotuned Sesame Street's Rejects pop song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

i dunno, she's cute, the song is cute, but god the lyrics are inane as hell, and whoever let her go without additional vocal training is an idiot. the way she says "friday" is painful. i have way more of a problem with her producers than her. unless they all know it's a parody, in which case it's brilliant but extremely annoying.
    Exactly.

And I hate how people have beat up on HER - a mere child - and not given her parents a nasty look for doing that girl an extremely poor turn.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Most of us are used to 25-35 year-olds playing 16 year-olds, so we would hardly recognize a real 16 year-old if we saw one.
    That's not true, my eldest will be 16 in, like 3 weeks.
    ... then again, he's 6'4".

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Oh, from a capitalist perspective, sure it makes sense. I approve of their investment.
    But from a perspective of "there are people starving in Africa, etc." it seems a bit stupid. There are many better uses for such a sum of money than making a badly-autotuned Sesame Street's Rejects pop song.
    Oh, geez, don't pull the starving people in Africa thing, or I'll have to ask you why you are wasting your time posting on this forum when you could be ladling out food to homeless people in soup kitchens...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, geez, don't pull the starving people in Africa thing, or I'll have to ask you why you are wasting your time posting on this forum when you could be ladling out food to homeless people in soup kitchens...
    Time spent on this forum is time spent from a place of pure benevolence in our hearts. We study typology systems and interact with one another on a psychological basis so that we understand other people and, ideally, so that we can apply that knowledge for a greater understanding of the people around us and for the betterment of our world.

I dunno why people gotta hate so much.

It's not every day a well-trained howler monkey makes it to 700,000 views on youtube...let alone creates a song at all.

I think we should be applauding humanity and it's achievement in this very important field. Thinks of where we can go! What we can do!

Rebecca Black is the holy fucking grail of PROGRESS!

Wait...too much?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In all seriousness, I get thoroughly annoyed with these kids that produce sub-par bullshit like this and everyone turns the other cheek and smiles with the "Well, he/she is only X years old!" excuse. What does that matter at all if it's crap? My opinion wouldn't be any different had this song of been sung acapella by a new born baby old enough to only have their act calculated using the seconds hand on a watch. It's still shit. Any child with fully functional vocal chords in theory has the ability to sing, but that doesn't mean they all should be doing it.

I'm sick of the media trying to convince me that mediocrity is so much more extraordinary because said person has overcome so ridiculous adversity, while in the mean time giving me poop on a silver platter and serving it at room temperature. I don't care if you've got one eyeball, are in pre-school, or have an inflamed pancreas. If it sucks, it sucks, regardless of any outside factors.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    In all seriousness, I get thoroughly annoyed with these kids that produce sub-par bullshit like this and everyone turns the other cheek and smiles with the "Well, he/she is only X years old!" excuse. What does that matter at all if it's crap? My opinion wouldn't be any different had this song of been sung acapella by a new born baby old enough to only have their act calculated using the seconds hand on a watch. It's still shit. Any child with fully functional vocal chords in theory has the ability to sing, but that doesn't mean they all should be doing it.

I'm sick of the media trying to convince me that mediocrity is so much more extraordinary because said person has overcome so ridiculous adversity, while in the mean time giving me poop on a silver platter and serving it at room temperature. I don't care if you've got one eyeball, are in pre-school, or have an inflamed pancreas. If it sucks, it sucks, regardless of any outside factors.
    I guess I'm looking it more as a path someone is following to reach an end goal, a perspective I've been forced to develop as a parent. Yeah, objectively, something my kid had produced in second grade might suck by adult standards, but realistically it is one rung on a ladder to someplace better, and just a step in a long-term process meant to lead someplace good. I could tell my son in seventh grade orchestra that he was playing well (because he was playing above par for his age) even if it sucked on a professional level; and now he's gotten much better, and plays well for a tenth grader... but he's still not a professional. It's all relative. In terms of judging where someone is at in their growth scale, it's a valid and useful assessment....just as it's valid to you to say, "Looked at out of context, just compared to any other art creation in existence, it's pretty sucky."

Yeah, it's not a Wagner opera; and it's not even Katy Perry, and it's actually not even New Kids level. All true. But considering that most 13-year-olds don't even do this, compared to other 13-year-old's, it's a start.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Friday! Maybe not in a Mozart/Bob Dyllan type of way, and more of a Will Ferrell type of way, but I love it nonetheless!
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

More on this exciting blip of cultural jetsam.... the man who wrote the actual song! *Squueeee*
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sto...-wrote-friday/