User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Not a bad effort by someone so young, but I can't help but to think that a 45 year old man probably wrote that song.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

We shouldn't teach our children that songs like this are good. When this generation comes into adulthood, we're gonna have songs with lyrics like:

I got my bread, a slice without a hole,
    Put it in the toaster, 'cause toastin' is my goal,
    It was really hot, when I took it out,
    Burnt my fingers, man what's that about?
    Put some butter on, but not too much,
    You know I gotta watch, my trans-fats and such,
    I thought I'd have some juice, just to mix it up,
    But it was sour, not fit for my cup.

Breakfast!
    You know I'm havin'
    Breakfast!
    Most important meal is
    Breakfast!
    You can try but you can't stop the
    BREAKFAST!!

Do y'all really want that to be our future? DO YOU?
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

garbage

the worst thing to come out of this is the endless stream of Facebook posts reading "It's Friday, Friday lol, get it, like in that song" that occurs every single friday

I wonder how many fridays that will last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    We shouldn't teach our children that songs like this are good. When this generation comes into adulthood, we're gonna have songs with lyrics like:

I got my bread, a slice without a hole,
    Put it in the toaster, 'cause toastin' is my goal,
    It was really hot, when I took it out,
    Burnt my fingers, man what's that about?
    Put some butter on, but not too much,
    You know I gotta watch, my trans-fats and such,
    I thought I'd have some juice, just to mix it up,
    But it was sour, not fit for my cup.

Breakfast!
    You know I'm havin'
    Breakfast!
    Most important meal is
    Breakfast!
    You can try but you can't stop the
    BREAKFAST!!

Every generation produces more music than the generation before it. The complexity of the music produced also increases by each successive generation. Your claim is silly, but there might be some truth to it. For just as complexity entails the profound, so to does it include the mediocre. Luckily, we all have our musical tastes, so we never have to settle for mediocrity. Would you presume that we would, in the future, fill our playlists with something we abhor? Of course we wouldn't.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    On the contrary: They might have enabled her to pay off her college education before she is even in high school.
    While at the same time having her tell my niece she should be going to parties with 16 year-olds. Assholes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I dunno, Weird Al has made a decent living off writing things like that... n' I WUBBIE MY GOOFY CRAZY FUZZY AL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    While at the same time having her tell my niece she should be going to parties with 16 year-olds. Assholes.
    Let me get this straight: You're extrapolating her parents' entire moral fiber from a mindless low-quality bubble-gum song and then personalizing it enough to get pissy about it on the Internetz to people you don't even know?

(Just askin'... cuz it looks like that is what you're doing.)

I'd be more worried about all the PG-13 movies kids go to, featuring implied sex and hot steamy make-out sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Every generation produces more music than the generation before it. The complexity of the music produced also increases by each successive generation. Your claim is silly, but there might be some truth to it. For just as complexity entails the profound, so to does it include the mediocre. Luckily, we all have our musical tastes, so we never have to settle for mediocrity. Would you presume that we would, in the future, fill our playlists with something we abhor? Of course we wouldn't.
    @Gloriana: You should listen to popular music from the 60's and early 70's, and then see if lyrical content has actually become more mediocre. (Don't MAKE me start researching and posting it in here.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    When does she tell your niece that she should go to parties with 16 year-olds? I think you are interpreting the lyrics very liberally, perhaps missing the message within the words.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Technology changes, people bitch. This has been and probably will always be true.
    Guess this kinda makes you a e-dildo then.

Seriously technology can make the world better or worse. Change is inevitable. Unfortunately substantial positive change typically doesn’t happen without some underlying scrutiny.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

For all I'm teasing her over her song, and despite how bad it is, I think it's remarkable to see someone at that age go through the trouble of promoting themselves to such a degree as to get that amount of exposure + to handle herself decently in the public eye, as well as take a LOT of criticism. Many adults can't even deal with that.

I actually think that sort of thing is more indicative of potential success than actually having all the kinks worked out; there's a lot of talented people who never get anywhere due to a lack of vision and ability to self-promote. My life might have been very different now if I had had that degree of moxie at that age.

So... you go, girl!
    (And I'll just stop listening to the radio, in the meanwhile.)
    Exactly! Look at how poised she is with Leno, knowing literal millions are watching nvm the hundreds or thousands in the studio audience. Impressive!

That song's perfect as the theme song for Twitter! And yes, I avoid Twitter like the plague.

MBTI
    INTP

Let me get this straight: You're extrapolating her parents' entire moral fiber from a mindless low-quality bubble-gum song and then personalizing it enough to get pissy about it on the Internetz to people you don't even know?

(Just askin'... cuz it looks like that is what you're doing.)
    I'm not nearly as upset as I probably sound, just expressing mild annoyance.