• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anna Paquin - classification

Speaks for itself.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rav3n

Would you consider Anna Paquin above average, average or below average in looks within the general populace (not just for celebrities)? Please try to be objective.

Anna-Paquin.jpg

84981511.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually have a friend that I've debated this with. I just don't find her very attractive at all, whereas he is completely infatuated with her. I will say she looks way better as of late with the blonde hair, and objectively speaking I'd classify her now as average.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
With dark hair, yes she's attractive.

With blonde hair, she might lose a few points.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I consider her a little above average.

Do women get to vote in this poll too?:laugh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say average. Definitely not above average, though that second pic in the OP is one of the better ones I've seen of her.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She is cute but she's no Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba. I think she's prettier then Jennifer Aniston though :). Sorry Jen but you uglay!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well above average compared to the general population, only average or slightly below compared to other celebrities.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
She is cute but she's no Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba. I think she's prettier then Jennifer Aniston though :). Sorry Jen but you uglay!

Well she is 14 years younger. Comparing her with pictures of Jen at the same age and it's not even close, even now I don't think she looks better than aniston despite her showing visible signs of aging.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
average. i sat next to someone way cuter on the tram this morning. she needed to brush her hair though.

rav3n

My vote went to average but in thinking about it, it's not fair to her since the average North American woman is quite a bit heavier and far more out of shape than she is, based on statistics. So I have to question my own vote in reference to objectivity when it comes to celebrities. In comparing her to the average 28 year old woman in the general populace, she would probably be above-average.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My vote went to average but in thinking about it, it's not fair to her since the average North American woman is quite a bit heavier and far more out of shape than she is, based on statistics. So I have to question my own vote in reference to objectivity when it comes to celebrities. In comparing her to the average 28 year old woman in the general populace, she would probably be above-average.

Sometimes I wonder, though, if we consider certain celebrities attractive simply because 1) they are usually in flawless shape (because it's their job and they have trainers and nutritionists, and probably wouldn't be as fit if they were "civilians"), and 2) we're used to seeing them, so over time, they become more familiar and more attractive to us. Not to mention their hair, makeup, stylists, plastic surgeons and the aid of extensive airbrushing or photoshop. There are many celebs that I don't think I'd consider very attractive in real life.

Sometimes I'm also a bit annoyed at how young, female celebrities all HAVE to be the hottest thing going. Not being considered sexy is a fate worse than death. It gets a bit old to see them trying so hard.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll vote above average, but she's not spectacularly beautiful or anything.

rav3n

Sometimes I wonder, though, if we consider certain celebrities attractive simply because 1) they are usually in flawless shape (because it's their job and they have trainers and nutritionists, and probably wouldn't be as fit if they were "civilians"), and 2) we're used to seeing them, so over time, they become more familiar and more attractive to us. Not to mention their hair, makeup, stylists, plastic surgeons and the aid of extensive airbrushing or photoshop. There are many celebs that I don't think I'd consider very attractive in real life.
Difficult not to view them as attractive considering how they've literally been remade from their natural selves, into whatever "person" they, studios and the public want.

Sometimes I'm also a bit annoyed at how young, female celebrities all HAVE to be the hottest thing going. Not being considered sexy is a fate worse than death. It gets a bit old to see them trying so hard.
Sex sells. So these women have to be sexy or they lose their income.

I don't feel sorry or bad for them since they went into this business knowing what was expected of them.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd say significantly above average. While I think she's easily more attractive than the other celebrities mentioned in the thread, that's not really the point. When compared to the general population, it's hard to think she wouldn't be more attractive than 8 of 10 random people pulled off the street. Next time you go outside, pay attention to the first ten people you see.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...attractive simply because 1) they are usually in flawless shape (because it's their job and they have trainers and nutritionists, and probably wouldn't be as fit if they were "civilians"), and 2) we're used to seeing them, so over time, they become more familiar and more attractive to us. Not to mention their hair, makeup, stylists, plastic surgeons and the aid of extensive airbrushing or photoshop...

Exactly. The disparity of "beauty resources" is disrupting the playing field.

I'd bet money that if either of us had the same army of people dedicated to maintaining our peak physical appearance, we would blow that broad out of the water. Conversely, if she had a regular beauty routine like us, we'd still blow her out of the water.

anna-paquin-stephen-moyer-birthday.jpg

She's just a'ight, but if her face contorts into an expression outside of her Top 3 Safe Red Carpet Smiles, it morphs horrifically illustrating her unflattering physiognomy:
4881284530_41e5e72106.jpg