User Tag List

MBTI
    GONE

Default My New Filing Technique is UN-STOPPABLE!

You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainmet, but if Mycroft can put up his Garfield thread here, I can put up my Get Your War On and
    my new filing technique is unstoppable --> XXX Warning: You will see LOTS of profanity if you click on the link.

:harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]

Anywhoo, this thread is HILARIOUS. Or at least it was when I was temping. OMG, I could so relate to the frustration and circular pointlessness of office droning life. But you know, in a hip 'outsider art' kinda way, not in a square Dilbert kinda way.

I remember I used to surf that site during breaks at one long term temp position and laughinig out loud and almost spitting my drink out. I know, I was drinking in front of the computer. It was not a high tech office.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I LOVE that guy. (He's from my town.) GYWO has to be one of the funniest strips ever written.

Sometimes, though, I think Adventures Of Confessions Of St. Augustine Bear is my favorite.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    istp

it's hard to beat webcomics when trying to pass the time

two of my favorites...

xkcd
    The Perry Bible Fellowship

and to top it off, a comic that is drawn the exact same way every time, where only the dialogue changes...

qwantz.com - dinosaur comics

MBTI
    INFP

Sorry, I can't find your money. Looks like you'll have to write it off as a filing-related disaster!
    Oh well, what the fuck right?

Oh shit, that reminds me.. I forgot to update the database!

hahahahahaa

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)

sammy

Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Czecze
    You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainment...

:harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)
    I knew it!

Ivy -- whhhyyyy? What did this thread ever do to you???

Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol
    I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

So yeah, man that comic cracked me up

Edit: I also uploaded files into our database. And had other office drone jobs.

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I knew it!

Ivy -- whhhyyyy? What did this thread ever do to you???

Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

Jeezy Pete why does everybody think thread moves and merges are personal? :steam:

Srsly tho it's just... more topical than Bonfire warrants, IMO. I wasn't planning on merging the threads.

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

So yeah, man that comic cracked me up
    haha, the shredders! Oh MAN, shredding shit was so therapeutic after having to file so much stuff! It's like saying to the paper "YOU MUST DIE! Muahaha"

I had to work with new files and archives as well... the worst was when you have to open the files and remove from each of them their staples or paperclips so that they could be recycled. It was easier filing things than throwing them out!