User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default My New Filing Technique is UN-STOPPABLE!

    You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainmet, but if Mycroft can put up his Garfield thread here, I can put up my Get Your War On and
    my new filing technique is unstoppable --> XXX Warning: You will see LOTS of profanity if you click on the link.

    :harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]

    Anywhoo, this thread is HILARIOUS. Or at least it was when I was temping. OMG, I could so relate to the frustration and circular pointlessness of office droning life. But you know, in a hip 'outsider art' kinda way, not in a square Dilbert kinda way.

    I remember I used to surf that site during breaks at one long term temp position and laughinig out loud and almost spitting my drink out. I know, I was drinking in front of the computer. It was not a high tech office.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #2
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I LOVE that guy. (He's from my town.) GYWO has to be one of the funniest strips ever written.

    Sometimes, though, I think Adventures Of Confessions Of St. Augustine Bear is my favorite.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  3. #3
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    it's hard to beat webcomics when trying to pass the time

    two of my favorites...

    xkcd
    The Perry Bible Fellowship

    and to top it off, a comic that is drawn the exact same way every time, where only the dialogue changes...

    qwantz.com - dinosaur comics

  4. #4
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Sorry, I can't find your money. Looks like you'll have to write it off as a filing-related disaster!
    Oh well, what the fuck right?


    Oh shit, that reminds me.. I forgot to update the database!

    hahahahahaa

  5. #5
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  6. #6
    sammy
    Guest

    Default

    Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol

  7. #7
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czecze
    You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainment...

    :harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)
    I knew it!

    Ivy -- whhhyyyy? What did this thread ever do to you???

    Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

    Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  8. #8
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol
    I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

    We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

    So yeah, man that comic cracked me up

    Edit: I also uploaded files into our database. And had other office drone jobs.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  9. #9
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I knew it!

    Ivy -- whhhyyyy? What did this thread ever do to you???

    Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

    Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

    Jeezy Pete why does everybody think thread moves and merges are personal? :steam:

    Srsly tho it's just... more topical than Bonfire warrants, IMO. I wasn't planning on merging the threads.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  10. #10
    sammy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

    We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

    So yeah, man that comic cracked me up
    haha, the shredders! Oh MAN, shredding shit was so therapeutic after having to file so much stuff! It's like saying to the paper "YOU MUST DIE! Muahaha"

    I had to work with new files and archives as well... the worst was when you have to open the files and remove from each of them their staples or paperclips so that they could be recycled. It was easier filing things than throwing them out!

Similar Threads

  1. Is my new counselor normal or a fruitcake?
    By INTJMom in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
  2. [ENTP] Help my new boss is entp...
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 10:15 PM
  3. Let's discuss my new favorite game...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
  4. Show my new Kitty some love
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO