Uh, what?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Or that many games these days are buggy as hell when they're shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Uh, what?
    I.e., you need an internet connection because it might be set to do bug reports and "patches" behind the scenes if you manage to crash the software.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Seriously though... I'm tired of speaking about it, though from what I've read the game is much shorter and has far less dialouge which is surprising because the protagonist is voiced this time around. The PC version of this game has portions that must be downloaded from Bioware in order to play, so if you don't have a connection when installing, you can't play. This is done in order to prevent piracy.
    Which is funny, because the xbox 360 version leaked a while ago, and the PS3 version shortly after.

Because the PC version has DRM, people have to wait on the crack. Meanwhile, those with the console version can dive straight in.

All this meaning, as usual, pirates will get the game first, for free, and without any DRM. Customers, not so much.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm looking forward to it. Demo was very good and ultimately I thought the pacing of the combat was better than the first. DA was very...slow? And mages are actually fun to play this time. In DA, while definitely overpowered, I'd always switch away from my mage character and play as the tank/melee damage dealer because mage gameplay was drudgery. Preordered on Steam.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. Demo was very good and ultimately I thought the pacing of the combat was better than the first. DA was very...slow? And mages are actually fun to play this time. In DA, while definitely overpowered, I'd always switch away from my mage character and play as the tank/melee damage dealer because mage gameplay was drudgery. Preordered on Steam.
    Steam's pretty cool.

I used to like getting the boxed sets, but then I was left with a lot of empty boxes that I hated to throw away. It's kind of convenient for most games to just get them downloaded at home.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Steam's pretty cool.

I used to like getting the boxed sets, but then I was left with a lot of empty boxes that I hated to throw away. It's kind of convenient for most games to just get them downloaded at home.
    While I love having all the games I've actually payed for accessible through one user friendly interface. On the other hand I don't like that most games are being distributed exclusively through steam, as it makes them harder to pirate. If only I could have my multiplayer cake and eat it too.

As far as DA goes, I've been debating heavily with myself for at least 6 months on whether I wanted to get it or not. I've been looking for something to fill that final fantasy-esque, turn based itch that I've neglected to scratch for quite some time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post

As far as DA goes, I've been debating heavily with myself for at least 6 months on whether I wanted to get it or not. I've been looking for something to fill that final fantasy-esque, turn based itch that I've neglected to scratch for quite some time.
    If you're looking for Final Fantasy or turn based RPGs, you'd have better luck trying another game.

This isn't your daddy's Fantasy game.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

IMO with the amount of micro you need to do on harder difficulties, the game is practically turn based. Especially if you ignore setting tactics. The ultimate edition is a great deal.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    While I love having all the games I've actually payed for accessible through one user friendly interface. On the other hand I don't like that most games are being distributed exclusively through steam, as it makes them harder to pirate. If only I could have my multiplayer cake and eat it too.
    Lol. At least you're honest!

Not sure how this one will pan out. I preordered so I could get the collector's edition for regular edition prices.

Then I started playing RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    IMO with the amount of micro you need to do on harder difficulties, the game is practically turn based. Especially if you ignore setting tactics. The ultimate edition is a great deal.
    I guess I actually do that already, instinctively, in DA; I didn't use much of the tactical slotting, I would just keep pausing the game to look at a new character and choose to do something, then unpause....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This isn't your daddy's Fantasy game.
    Ugh. That line alone has stopped me from purchasing it. That made me think of being the protagonist in some lame R.L. Stein book in which I'd be a kid going to an empty nearby arcade afterschool, and as I'm walking around through this dusty establishment, I see a machine with covered in a giant sheet, and as my curiosity compels me to remove the sheet, the owner walks up to me and says exactly that, and as I decide not to adhere to his warning I plug the machine in and the entire room starts shaking, thinks start toppling over, the lighting starts flickering on and off rapidly, and the all four walls of the room begin changing colors independently. I then get sucked into the game as the camera pans out to see the shop owner laughing manically.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Then I started playing RIFT.
    I played the beta of that game, and it seemed like the bastard lovechild of WoW and Lineage 2. Perhaps the initial similarities between the two kinda distorted my perception, and surprisingly I've heard a lot of die-hard wow fans raving about it.