User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Dragon Age II

Is it me or does it seem like Anders is based off of John Lennon? Same snarky, militant attitude.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like Anders is based off of John Lennon? Same snarky, militant attitude.
    LOL.

Want to flesh that out a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    LOL.

Want to flesh that out a bit more?
    Heh. I don't know. I think he just has Beatle-esque humor or something... Umm, if you've ever seen Lennon in their films.

God, I hate Merrill. I wish I could just reject her right off the bat. But this game kind of shoes you in to doing certain questlines, rather than continuing a storyline that way.

I don't see why anyone finds her cute. She looks like a fish. But the worst thing is how naive she is.. and I hate people like this in real life. She reminds of the many drug users and alcoholics I know who are blind and arrogant and think they have their problems under control... and end up messing up everyone's lives around them.

Haha.. I sound genuinely pissed off. Just a rant. Some angles of the Dragon Age universe invoke genuine emotion about things, I guess. That's why I like it. Like Blood Magic, for example. It's deeper than some lame siding with the "Chantry" lore or whatnot. I think the reason why it's looked down upon in the game world is more practical than that. Blood Mage characters always tend to lose control of things. Even Morrigan, for all her bitchyness, has a lot of dialogue that actually opposed it. She valued her independence and survival. This included not being taken advantage of by demons.

edit: On a sidenote, that should be one of my main complaints about this game's mechanics (and there are others)..

Taking a Blood Mage specialization is a bit too easy. There should be quests related to all specs, like in a DA:O. And DA sort of did a good job of making you feel desperate and weak if you took Blood Mage. One, it indirectly compares you to Jowan, who's the ultimate in weak bitches. Second, you had to admit you couldn't fight a Desire demon in order to save a child. Same goes for Reaver.. you had to be so defiled that you would lose Wynne and Leliana if you did it.

It's kind of annoying that the game's marketing and trailers has Hawke as a Blood Mage himself/herself.. when it makes zero sense in the story itself (personally, my main character is also a mage, but he's a sarcastic sort who knows better).

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I was going to write a proper reply and everything, but to be honest, the whole game was meh, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I was going to write a proper reply and everything, but to be honest, the whole game was meh, so...
    I bet your first mistake is picking the goody heroic dialogue options..which are dull. Be a smartass instead. This way you become medieval Tony Stark. The writing is better.

Btw if you didn't know, your first few dialogue choices stack greatly in setting what kind of personality hawke has.

Also, Varric shall be your permanent friend. Any party without him is fail. Fenris is not your friend, but that's good too..keep him in the party. the rivalry is better. The same probably goes for Aveline too.

Ginkgo

You guys make it sound like some sort of sick joke.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Fenris is not your friend, but that's good too..keep him in the party.
    I still wrapped his heart around my pinky finger.

And he kicked butt once I juiced his skillset.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I still wrapped his heart around my pinky finger.

And he kicked butt once I juiced his skillset.
    OTOH, his skillset works well as a rival, I think. Unless he's your main tank.

Oh, and speaking of romances, I hated them here. I mean, for a male Hawke with female. If I was slightly more gay, Fenris would be cool. Haha. But no, I get the naive elf or the loose pirate wench. I like Isabella as a character, but they pushed her sluttiness too far for me to care. A little slutiness would be quite fine, but geez.

I can only hope Cassandra Pentaghast is in DA3. She's one of the best characters and not really in the game.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like Isabella as a character, but they pushed her sluttiness too far for me to care. A little slutiness would be quite fine, but geez.
    She and I were an item too for awhile.

I dunno. I've already forgotten much of the game, it wasn't that memorable for me (altho I did enjoy Flemeth's cameo). I remember much more from DA:O.

Anders was such an over-dramatic INFP. He was cute, except when he got annoying with his drama.
    Merrill actually didn't bother me much, although she seemed very clueless in some ways, and I think I ended up having to wipe out her tribe after her foolish indiscretion I tried to lead her away from.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft