User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Do you have muscles that are disproportionally developed and/or underdevelop?

My most disproportionally developed muscles are probably either my calves or my quadriceps. People's calves are usually strong, but I can lift easily 3.5 times my body weight with them. Perhaps 4. I haven't got enough weights to measure .. the weights at the gyms at my city usually end at about 400lbs. I can just extrapolate and guess.

I think my biceps are my most underdeveloped muscle. I can do a biceps movement with just 10 reps, 10kg easily (about 22lbs).

What story is there to tell about this?

People are almost always quite astounded of my leg powers. My poor arm power is what they expect of me.

What it means to me, story wise?

I think that people with more arm/upper torso power are seen as more strong in general, in a manner that matters to them. That's in terms of power to fight.

I think that my leg power means that people could expect me to be able to lift extraordinary weights with my feets, which is true.

I think this power distribution makes me feel somewhat slow, strong and unaggressive.

Well, that's just analysis.

Tell me a story about your muscle development and what you think it means in terms of psychology and in the terms of a story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*waits for MacG to exploit this opportunity*

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm a female but I've always found too that my legs were far stronger than my upper body and my abs. I used to do strength training and I'd find that I could lift far more weight with my legs than a typical female my size and age could. I even outdid several of the males. My arm strength on the other hand has always been far weaker. In school they would fitness test us and I could never manage more than a couple seconds on the flexed arm hang. Couldn't do a single pullup either.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

So, do you think you could tell a story about it at greater length? Or just then.. what kind of a image do you think you make, based on your muscles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just means you need to workout your upper body muscles.

My legs are generally stronger than my upper body. I'm trying to change that by working out my upper body strength.
    Last edited by Rail Tracer; 03-10-2011 at 01:29 AM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah, my quads and glutes are probably more developed when compared to my upper body. Seems normal, given that soccer and cycling are the sporting activities I mostly practice. I've been working out for quite some time, though (4 years), so now I'm more or less balanced between upper and lower - visually speaking; OTOH I'm still not as upper-body-strong, but I likely will never be, unless I completely change my sporting preference.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm the opposite. I have small calves, thighs and legs in general (long and slender), but more upper body strength/size.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

After my 7 surgeries on my left leg, my left calf muscle was 4 inch circumference smaller than the right.

It was comical how different my legs looked from one another.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I grew up playing tennis, surfing, and swimming. I also used, rock climb, and whitewater kayak all summer.

I think it is because of these adolescent pursuits, that my torso is so developed.

I've always had a well developed chest, back, stomach and arms since I can remember.

I spent more time playing tennis than all the others though, and think this is to blame for my sprinting ability and calves/thighs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I grew up playing tennis, surfing, and swimming. I also used, rock climb, and whitewater kayak all summer.

I think it is because of these adolescent pursuits, that my torso is so developed.

I've always had a well developed chest, back, stomach and arms since I can remember.

I spent more time playing tennis than all the others though, and think this is to blame for my sprinting ability and calves/thighs.
    So you're awesome all around?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp