• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you have muscles that are disproportionally developed and/or underdevelop?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My most disproportionally developed muscles are probably either my calves or my quadriceps. People's calves are usually strong, but I can lift easily 3.5 times my body weight with them. Perhaps 4. I haven't got enough weights to measure .. the weights at the gyms at my city usually end at about 400lbs. I can just extrapolate and guess.

I think my biceps are my most underdeveloped muscle. I can do a biceps movement with just 10 reps, 10kg easily (about 22lbs).

What story is there to tell about this?

People are almost always quite astounded of my leg powers. My poor arm power is what they expect of me.

What it means to me, story wise?

I think that people with more arm/upper torso power are seen as more strong in general, in a manner that matters to them. That's in terms of power to fight.

I think that my leg power means that people could expect me to be able to lift extraordinary weights with my feets, which is true.

I think this power distribution makes me feel somewhat slow, strong and unaggressive.

Well, that's just analysis.

Tell me a story about your muscle development and what you think it means in terms of psychology and in the terms of a story.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a female but I've always found too that my legs were far stronger than my upper body and my abs. I used to do strength training and I'd find that I could lift far more weight with my legs than a typical female my size and age could. I even outdid several of the males. My arm strength on the other hand has always been far weaker. In school they would fitness test us and I could never manage more than a couple seconds on the flexed arm hang. Couldn't do a single pullup either.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, do you think you could tell a story about it at greater length? Or just then.. what kind of a image do you think you make, based on your muscles?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just means you need to workout your upper body muscles.

My legs are generally stronger than my upper body. I'm trying to change that by working out my upper body strength.

Last edited:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, my quads and glutes are probably more developed when compared to my upper body. Seems normal, given that soccer and cycling are the sporting activities I mostly practice. I've been working out for quite some time, though (4 years), so now I'm more or less balanced between upper and lower - visually speaking; OTOH I'm still not as upper-body-strong, but I likely will never be, unless I completely change my sporting preference.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm the opposite. I have small calves, thighs and legs in general (long and slender), but more upper body strength/size.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
After my 7 surgeries on my left leg, my left calf muscle was 4 inch circumference smaller than the right.

It was comical how different my legs looked from one another.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I grew up playing tennis, surfing, and swimming. I also used, rock climb, and whitewater kayak all summer.

I think it is because of these adolescent pursuits, that my torso is so developed.

I've always had a well developed chest, back, stomach and arms since I can remember.

I spent more time playing tennis than all the others though, and think this is to blame for my sprinting ability and calves/thighs.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I grew up playing tennis, surfing, and swimming. I also used, rock climb, and whitewater kayak all summer.

I think it is because of these adolescent pursuits, that my torso is so developed.

I've always had a well developed chest, back, stomach and arms since I can remember.

I spent more time playing tennis than all the others though, and think this is to blame for my sprinting ability and calves/thighs.

So you're awesome all around?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Chest and back are most developed, but everything is pretty well developed.

My left arm is a little smaller than my right because of surgery I had when I was 13.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I sense DB is going to post a shirtless photo (again) in this here thread.

EnaT

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My left arm muscles are slightly larger and stronger than my right arm muscles. Odd thing is I'm right handed.

I guess it comes with using the left hand to support body weight for stability while righty does its thing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
my right arm looks like arm of a body builder, but rest of my body has no muscles at all

Pikazoid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My legs are about average, but my upper body is pretty weak.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I sense DB is going to post a shirtless photo (again) in this here thread.

Face.jpg

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Because I row a lot my leg muscles are very strong. And eventhough I don't have a particularly muscular torso, my back muscles are surprisingly strong as well.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general I've heard that women have stronger legs/lower body, and men have stronger torso/arms/back, which is true in my observation and experience.

I'm not particularly strong, but my legs look fairly musclular for a girl (certainly compared to my pathetic arms, lol). Most all of the excerise I get these days involves legs rather than arms. Plus I have naturally very "sturdy" legs, especially large calves (but long legs at the same time, oddly). I have never, and will never have slim legs like many/most females of a healthy weight range. :shrug:

I just convince myself that they're soccer legs, which is even kinda true.

(very similar to this girl, who is not me: http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/can-i-rock-the-skinny-jeans-307622.html)