User Tag List

First 4567 Last

jack is an entj? isnt he more of an entp? i could almost see ben as entj, but only because the internet says that bill gates was an entj, and ben is the perfect bill. there is this picture (a user's avatar) where bill shoots the apple boy. should be ben in the picture, and jack as apple boy.

btw i am with socionics and i get NeTiSeFi from any entp. i get Fi from jack. lots of responsibility, but verry own sense of what that means. no pleasing of anyone, but striving to become a perfectionist ideal (influenced his father). the 7 to 1 struggle. Fi, at its best, is caring, like giving oneself up for something. but the self must be important in that. just like john locke (FiNe=infj or enfp). eveything means something to john and everything john does means something to the world. friggin Fi(+Ne). but Jack is extroverted so he gives himself up for (his self defined meaning for) people, and john (a 4) is rather introverted, so he does it for some"-thing" called "destiny" (Ne=objectified bundled sense of progress).
    ben on the other hand is relative (Te/Fe group sense), he needs do change the world (to force it into an objective). its a big party and he throws it, because he understand the motto. he tries hard, not to have any properties himself. "go with the flow". only strategies. no individuality. even denies motives. (like an enneagram 2 enfj would do, just saying to show similarity of Te and Fe)
    I'll admit that not everything fits together, the way i see it, right now. will work it out someday.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    jack is an entj? isnt he more of an entp? i could almost see ben as entj, but only because the internet says that bill gates is an entj, and ben is the perfect bill. there is this picture (a user's avatar) where bill shoots the apple boy. should be ben in the picture, and jack as apple boy. btw i am with socionics and i get NeTiSeFi from any entp.
    I guess I never saw Jack as anything but a J. He's so driven and task-oriented. Very much a leader as well. I think he needs to be in a leadership role - he's drawn to that. ENTJ seems a good fit for him, although I know in another thread a while back someone mentioned he could be ESTJ too.
    Yes, he's pretty adaptable and able to roll with the changes pretty well, but that doesn't mean he isn't ENTJ. Ability to be adaptable isn't exclusively in the 'P' domain. ;-)

Edit: and Nanook, I see you edited your post w/ more info. Since you're speaking in Socionics terms, and everyone else here is speaking in mbti terms, that's part of the disconnect. w/ mbti (as you probably know?), ENTJ is TeNiSeFi, and ENTP is NeTiFeSi (but I don't know enough to know whether the functions themselves are defined differently between the 2 systems)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I guess I never saw Jack as anything but a J. He's so driven and task-oriented. Very much a leader as well. I think he needs to be in a leadership role - he's drawn to that. ENTJ seems a good fit for him, although I know in another thread a while back someone mentioned he could be ESTJ too.
    Yes, he's pretty adaptable and able to roll with the changes pretty well, but that doesn't mean he isn't ENTJ. Ability to be adaptable isn't exclusively in the 'P' domain. ;-)

Edit: and Nanook, I see you edited your post w/ more info. Since you're speaking in Socionics terms, and everyone else here is speaking in mbti terms, that's part of the disconnect. w/ mbti (as you probably know?), ENTJ is TeNiSeFi, and ENTP is NeTiFeSi (but I don't know enough to know whether the functions themselves are defined differently between the 2 systems)
    Youre right, Jack is most likely an ENTJ. He has trouble reconciling his Te and Ni functionsor maybe Im just saying that to make it sound like I know what Im talking about when I really dont have a clue.

If anyones an ENTP, its Sawyer. Jack is pretty far from that type.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    arthur rimbaud

so what about jacks father?

who has the mutant power to pwn an entj?

those three men of steel come to mind (lookalikes left to right):
    • richard burgi (just played a perfectionist in nip tuck)
    • RalphMoeller (known as 'german schwarzenegger', played in gladiator)
    • JohnTerry (jacks father, most demanding perfectionist)

should i have listed hulk hogan?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    so what about jacks father?

who has the mutant power to pwn an entj?
    Jack's father is the same type as Jack. In my opinion.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

Jack is an s type. Specifically, I'm pretty sure he's an ESFJ (maybe T?). He's good at dealing with the actual, physical, present problems. He makes sure everyone got food and water, everyone survived. Michael (ENFJ) was trying to get off the island. Locke (INTP) was learning how to be one with the island, Hurley (ENFP) wanted everyone on the island to get along. Ana Lucia (ESTJ) kept people alive and dealt with physical threats. See the difference there? People who, in a desert island situation, deal with the present necessities almost exclusively are S types, people who try to see how this situation will unfold and take necessary steps to make that situation work are N types.

whoo. I type characters on TV too much.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I would say Locke. I'm not sure what type he is, but he has that type 4 need to be special/individual that I can really identify with. He's not selfish about it either, he wants everyone to stay on the island and be special with him.

Also, I always entertain notions in my mind that I could be something more than what I am. Although all of the characters grew throughout the seasons, I feel none did so more than Locke. He changed physically, mentally, and spiritually. He even went through a total breakdown and crisis of faith and then emerged from that. (Lately, he emerged from a whole lot more!)
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

We figured he was a 7 ("Don't tell me what I can't do!") but he could be a 4 with a 3 wing! They sometimes come off as 7s.

Default john locke

i'd say four going to one (the four's "direction of integration"), struggling to, beating himself up. but mostly achieving it in a healthy way.
    raving Fi/Ne seeing personal meaning (Fi) in everything (Ne) ...

the actor of locke (Terry O'Quinn) would rather be 4w5. Fi/Ne are usually 4w5, or claim they are, test that way. live that way.

3 is about wanting to be loved (or envied). john doesn't give a fuck. he only needs to "match" his destiny. jack on the other hand wants his fathers approval. (but other than that i would not see anything 3wingish in jack. just came to mind in comparison )

maybe starbuck (enfp, apparently?) would make a good 4w3 (she sort of likes to be envied. to win in competition).
    maybe real-live enfp's would more often want to be envied as authors than as soldiers.
    i never knew an official example of 4w3 though

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

One of my favorite characters, not really because I identify with him (but maybe just a little), is Ben Linus. We've figured he's probably a 3w4 INTJ, pretty far from my own INxP type 9 but a pretty terrifying combination in a villain. I think I like Ben because he's a worthy adversary, a respectable evil.

I think the character I identify most with would be Sayid. Not that I'm an Iraqi torturer or professional hitman, or even capable of taking apart a radio, but his combination of being an intense INTP and a product of a world that consistently fails to live up to any standard of decency (which tugs my INFP heartstrings) his tortured past, his good heart, it makes me like him.

Plus he has a beard, which will endear me to anybody.