User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I totally identify with Jack. He's trying to do right thing, he's pushing people to achieve things, he's got integrity and he's principled. Jack's my favorite.

Jack is stereotypically ENTJ imo.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would probably say Jack too, with Sayid a close second. Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I would probably say Jack too, with Sayid a close second. Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.
    What??! Did you see the actor during his "Party of Five" days? Now that was a wimpy, 90's man style character.......Jack is certainly a departure from that, a big improvement in my mind, a more masculine/strong male character.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    What??! Did you see the actor during his "Party of Five" days? Now that was a wimpy, 90's man style character.......Jack is certainly a departure from that, a big improvement in my mind, a more masculine/strong male character.
    Definitely agree. I think he is a strong male character. He does have a sensitive side... but it makes him likeable and human... and ultimately makes him a more believable character

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Definitely agree. I think he is a strong male character. He does have a sensitive side... but it makes him likeable and human... and ultimately makes him a more believable character
    As someone I would have to spend time with, I would not like being with Jack (he's too driven and assertive and would drive me nuts)... but I think he is a GREAT character on the show. He's palpably real to me, and complex; and I love watching him deal with stress, how he becomes more aggressive when he does not know what to do and sometimes ends up doing the wrong things.

As a writer, I love it when other writers let the characters be true to themselves rather than forcing them to behave in more "proper/good" ways. Jack is very human and fallible... gloriously mortal. I love it.

(Overall, Matthew Fox and the rest of the cast -- for mostly being unknowns -- are very talented actors.)

....and yeah, he's real cute too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't completely identify with any of them, of course... but I'm thinking Sun for some reason. Does that make sense?

Did any one else notice that John Locke is also the name of an English Philosopher who wrote "Two Treatises on Government"? There's also a character named Rousseau, who happened to be a French philosophe. I think the creator of this show has a marked interest in the Enlightenment...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't completely identify with any of them, of course... but I'm thinking Sun for some reason. Does that make sense?
    Sure why not

Do you think that they are living in a parallel universe?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

Did any one else notice that John Locke is also the name of an English Philosopher who wrote "Two Treatises on Government"? There's also a character named Rousseau, who happened to be a French philosophe. I think the creator of this show has a marked interest in the Enlightenment...
    I bet Tom Hobbes would have handled things a little differently. Haha
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, it's purposeful.

Rousseau's character is the "woman of the wild" -- the noble savage. Locke was picked for reasons defining his character. And there is Ben Linus (leader of the Others) -- Linus was a statesmen or philosopher, wasn't he?

(And with Locke, note the large battle between destiny and free will that occurred with him in the first two seasons. There are many philosophical concepts that are being allowed to play out in Lost.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.
    FWIW, Metamorphosis, I get you here. Jack seems to me like he's a slave to some unhealthy standards of behavior that run counter to his enlightened self-interest. It's been a while since I saw the show so I don't remember exactly why, but I do know I pegged him as over-assuming of responsibility and under-enjoying himself... Maybe because he didn't go for Kate?