• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie of the Month Club

T

ThatGirl

Cool, Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is on Netflix instant viewing. I will watch it today, thanks.

F

FigerPuppet

Got some international recommendations here (all Danish). You'll need to download the harmless DivX Webplayer plug-in to view them.

After the Wedding (Drama)

A manager of an orphanage (Mads Mikkelsen) in India is sent to Copenhagen, Denmark, where he discovers a life-altering family secret.

Flickering Lights (Dark comedy)

Four small gangsters from Copenhagen trick a gangster boss: they take over 4,000,000 kroner which they were supposed to bring him. Trying to escape to Barcelona they are forced to stop in the countryside, in an old, wrecked house, hiding there for several weeks. Slowly, one after another, they realize, that they would like to stay there, starting a new life, renovating the house and forming it into a restaurant. But they can't avoid being caught up by their past.

R

RDF

I could join in some movie discussions. I have a Netflix account; I've run through all the big movies and I've been getting into smaller indie movies or perusing lists of retro stuff. I'm more into lowbrow stuff, but I can do cerebral in a pinch.

In order to participate in a discussion, what movie should I be watching and by what date? Are we supposed to be working off the list in the OP or off one of the subsequent lists?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry about flaking on the movie thread participation. Been going through some person sh*t and been out of state till yesterday. Will try to get on board this weekend.

:)

R

RDF

Sounds good.

Over the next week or two I'll be enjoying a spaghetti western tour de force (retro lowbrow). Tonight I'm going to watch "A Fistful of Dollars"; then the other two films of the "man with no name" trilogy will be arriving over the next few days: "For a Few Dollars More" and "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." I'll also be getting "Yojimbo" (the inspiration for "Fistful of Dollars") and "Once upon a Time in the West" (considered to be Sergio Leone's masterpiece).

These films have been analyzed and written about to death, so they probably don't warrant a whole lot of discussion. But I'll be refreshed on the subject matter if anyone wants to comment.

Let me know if you want to watch something else for discussion. I don't mind breaking up the spaghetti western thing and ordering up something else. I've seen most of those westerns before at one time or another; I just figured I would re-watch them all together for context.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ii_defibrillator.gif

T

ThatGirl

My next movie to watch is Strawberry Shortcake and the Berryfest.

I think TK hacked into my Netflix. Lol.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LMFAO!!!!!!! I'd probably watch it. :coughs:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I just saw Midnight in Paris twice last weekend.
It's a Woodie Allen movie and I decided way back in the 70's that I didn't like his movies after trying 3 of them,
so I almost didn't go, but it has Owen Wilson in it, so I gave it a chance.
I have found Woodie Allen depressing in the past, but this movie actually inspired me.
It made me want to live my life with purpose.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Marwencol is available on Netflix instant. It is a spectacular documentary and fully worth checking out.