User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

That will probably be the case with almost any movie we pick.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0bikF2KYjY"]Adam's Aebbler[/YOUTUBE]
    Saw it. Not a very memorable movie. I cant remember anything really. If you want good danish movie go for Reconstruction.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAaWPd3JMew"]1[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This sounds like fun! How do we decide on a movie? Poll? Thread discussion?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    This sounds like fun! How do we decide on a movie? Poll? Thread discussion?

you didnt read the thread, did you?

Which might end up being a stupid question...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    That will probably be the case with almost any movie we pick.
    We only have to pick them carefully.

ThatGirl

Who ever suggests first, I will put the line up in the OP.

The goal is to discuss movies, not view them for the first time. A recap never hurt anyone.

I just finished watching Adam's Apples.

.....Lmao!
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 02-19-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Except I am not doing two Danish subtitled movies back to back.

Who ever suggests first, I will put the line up in the OP.

The goal is to discuss movies, not view them for the first time. A recap never hurt anyone.

I just finished watching Adam's Apples.

.....Lmao!
    It's been a long time. I'll watch it now with my breakfast.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

ThatGirl

A week is too long.

Okay my assessment of this movie was this.

The characters were alright. The end plot line completely predictable.

What I found most interesting was that some times defense mechanisms are put into effect for certain reasons. The man who considered himself evil was the one who found a way to penetrate the defensive nature of the priest in an effort to destroy him.

I found it interesting (yet again predictable) that upon destroying the priest the man soon learned himself the value of the priests place within the community.

Though that doesn't really depict true evil does it?

I mean if the man truly were evil why should he care about the lives of others?

This notates that the man himself was the one with his own defense mechanism. Seeing the priest as the threat who was looking to infiltrate his own views and standards.

The moral being that two people can share the same issues but that good always wins out over evil intent.

This is fine but I thought the idea that god is somehow responsible for organizing the greater good, left the movie losing the original point and content. It was a good point, but in the end it said, the point is because there is a greater force at hand. Kind of dilutes the message if you ask me.

The idea he converted at the end of the movie taught me one of three things, he looks a lot worse with hair, this movie is a lot like The Trouble With Angels, and could have used a better plot line.

Why go from one extreme to the other? This movie implies that people want to be saved, or that if you allow someone to take out all their rage on you eventually they will become part of the side you are on.

Thought?

ThatGirl

Bump

A week is too long.
    LOL

This is fine but I thought the idea that god is somehow responsible for organizing the greater good, left the movie losing the original point and content. It was a good point, but in the end it said, the point is because there is a greater force at hand. Kind of dilutes the message if you ask me.
    Are you saying you think the idea was that God is the greater force at hand or any greater force is at hand, such as the inanity, complexity, and inevitability of human behavior for example?

The idea he converted at the end of the movie taught me one of three things, he looks a lot worse with hair, this movie is a lot like The Trouble With Angels, and could have used a better plot line.

Why go from one extreme to the other? This movie implies that people want to be saved, or that if you allow someone to take out all their rage on you eventually they will become part of the side you are on.

Thought?
    It did devolve into a bit of an ITJ/EFP bromance, but it was effing hilarious.

I'm not sure that it conveyed with any certainty that people can hate you till they love you. It struck me more as 'even completely irrational, delusional clingers-on to faith can be right sometimes' (like a broken clock is twice a day) because they are impervious to the nuances of greater context and erroneously credit their own rock-like tenacity (i.e. faith or tunnel-vision) for parting the waves (i.e. people) that crash against them. They're too daft to realize that the forces of "Mother Nature" (the clash of human behaviors playing themselves out) are vastly superior and responsible for the motions of the ocean (meaning they are by no means a single stone, stopping the ocean in its tracks).

Yanno?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke