• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor Redemption

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
:(

Now the question is... Can Russel win on Redemption island through at least 5-6 more people, if not more. He was never notorious for winning individual challenges... But if I recall correctly he won at the final 4 challenges when he absolutely needed it. Was it just dumb luck, or can Russel pull out the wins when he absolutely needs them?

F

figsfiggyfigs

I really hope he can.

I believe that at merge, they'll bring back the person from redemption, and start redemption all over again.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I dont think "Ressel" is gonna survive on redemption island, hes too fat and lazy.
That old firefigher lady should've stick to the plan, the other dudes are gonna vote her out anyway.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Muscle bitch is dumb. She'll get nowhere on her own, she really did stand a better chance with Russel. Russel brought it on himself for being lazy and arrogant as shit. Just sat around camp and didn't even pretend to be anyone else's friend, and didn't make any inroads to the other side of the tribe. COMPLETELY Relying in finding idols isn't intelligent gameplay, though it's always sweet when he DOES find one. meh.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
All I can say is, it's about 30 episodes too late. Hopefully Matt gets rid of him in a minute or two. Russell's made survivor almost unwatchable from his first episode -- although part of that's the editors' fault, but... ugh. Glad to see him voted out, will be happier when he's gone.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
All I can say is, it's about 30 episodes too late. Hopefully Matt gets rid of him in a minute or two. Russell's made survivor almost unwatchable from his first episode -- although part of that's the editors' fault, but... ugh. Glad to see him voted out, will be happier when he's gone.

Oh no, if Russell is out it's gonna be less funny.
If Philip is voted out too, I'm not watching the show anymore !

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Russel started off pretty good with his speech but then him fell into the complacancy of repeating his strategy; which as of this time is stale, obvious and not nearly as cleanly executed. You gotta be fucking up bigtime in the game of Survivor if the team will throw a challege just to get rid of you.

Russels mistakes:

1. Too arrogant/intimidating
2. Too repetitive of his playing strategy style (as all or most of the contestants were aware)
3. Did too much of his own dirty work ( and got caught doing it didn't use his confederates for any beneficial delegation).

Also although not killer on its own it didn't help that he was lazy. Russel didn't pull his weight around camp and worse then that, all his confederates followed suit.

Should have:
1. Used star power/charisma to rally team against other team with the mantra of "merge dominance".
2. Not be obvious in his allegiance, create other secret alliances. Fellow southern boy Ralph could have been recruited early on, instead Russel alienates him. They waited until the last day to establish rapport with muscle lady...toooo late my boy. Whoever, he needed appear to work toward the interests of others rather than blatant in you face self interest.
3. Used his sneakiness to break up the larger alliance earlier.(misperseption strategy_
4. Developed a better form of intelligence (i.e. spying and secret/across lines communications)
5. Incorporate submission while in weaving the noose of domination (passive aggressive strategy).

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Russel started off pretty good with his speech but then him fell into the complacancy of repeating his strategy; which as of this time is stale, obvious and not nearly as cleanly executed. You gotta be fucking up bigtime in the game of Survivor if the team will throw a challege just to get rid of you.

Russels mistakes:

1. Too arrogant/intimidating
2. Too repetitive of his playing strategy style (as all or most of the contestants were aware)
3. Did too much of his own dirty work ( and got caught doing it didn't use his confederates for any beneficial delegation).

Also although not killer on its own it didn't help that he was lazy. Russel didn't pull his weight around camp and worse then that, all his confederates followed suit.

Should have:
1. Used star power/charisma to rally team against other team with the mantra of "merge dominance".
2. Not be obvious in his allegiance, create other secret alliances. Fellow southern boy Ralph could have been recruited early on, instead Russel alienates him. They waited until the last day to establish rapport with muscle lady...toooo late my boy. Whoever, he needed appear to work toward the interests of others rather than blatant in you face self interest.
3. Used his sneakiness to break up the larger alliance earlier.(misperseption strategy_
4. Developed a better form of intelligence (i.e. spying and secret/across lines communications)
5. Incorporate submission while in weaving the noose of domination (passive aggressive strategy).

Lol very good analysis.

He didn't use the classics "art of war" this year : "divid and conquer" and "keep your enemies closer". All men looking for power should stick to this.

Beorn

Permabanned
....Oh man.... :dont:

Ressel:
crybaby.gif

:rofl1:

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Lol Ressell really loved the game, that's why he cried.
Let's hope Philip will sick around, it's gonna be boring if he's voted out too.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
He lead a foolish campaign entering into his third season of Survivor, but his legacy as the greatest player to ever grace a deserted beach on our televisions remains untainted. He is a living monument to the greatness that is Machiavellian, ends over the means, power rules all gameplay that so few have EVER been able to grasp, much less extract its bountiful potential. He certainly left with honor, in my eyes. ALL HAIL KING RUSSEL! LONG LIVE THE KING!

...now back to reality.

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost thought Jeff Probst was going to say something like, "Russell, since this is your 3rd attempt at Survivor, we're going to send you to ANOTHER different redemption island..." or something along those lines to allow him to stay. I really can't believe he's gone. It was pretty sad to watch him cry, but he did compose himself for that final speech. It's sad also how he said, "This is the last time I am going to play this game. I've already proved everything to my family and myself." I guess I'm sad to see him go.

I think I'm rooting for David, since he apparently has the highest IQ of any survivor contestant ever. Sounds cool. lol.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I almost thought Jeff Probst was going to say something like, "Russell, since this is your 3rd attempt at Survivor, we're going to send you to ANOTHER different redemption island..." or something along those lines to allow him to stay. I really can't believe he's gone. It was pretty sad to watch him cry, but he did compose himself for that final speech. It's sad also how he said, "This is the last time I am going to play this game. I've already proved everything to my family and myself." I guess I'm sad to see him go.

I think I'm rooting for David, since he apparently has the highest IQ of any survivor contestant ever. Sounds cool. lol.

I actually want to see more of David as well, it doesn't seem like a lot of the survivors are getting their share of camera time this round. They've focused too much on Boston Rob and Russel. They're forgetting that anyone of these people can win the game. They did the same thing with Fabio last season, they only had him on a few times when they were making fun of him, other than that, we didn't get to see much, and he ended up winning the game.
I want to see what other drama is going on around camp, and what peoples opinions are of each other; attention AWAY from Boston Rob and philip.
Yes , they're entertaining. But I wan't to hear more about the other competitor's plans . What are THEY up to?

I was really sad to hear Russell admit all of that; it was sort of like adding salt to the wound. Fans were already pretty upset with him leaving, but to hear him vow to never do survivor again was a " NOoooooooooooooo" moment. :D

He lead a foolish campaign entering into his third season of Survivor, but his legacy as the greatest player to ever grace a deserted beach on our televisions remains untainted. He is a living monument to the greatness that is Machiavellian, ends over the means, power rules all gameplay that so few have EVER been able to grasp, much less extract its bountiful potential. He certainly left with honor, in my eyes. ALL HAIL KING RUSSEL! LONG LIVE THE KING!

...now back to reality.

...wow...ahh...yeahhhhh.. :laugh:

I agree. Russells game this season was weak, and predictable. I do wish that one chick switched and she could've saved him; but he wasn't doing anything INTERESTING this season, maybe he was waiting till the merge to really bring out the terror.

I think the way Boston Rob's started his play was really well executed. Although, it seems that the dominoes are starting to fall all around him, one by one. Even his bitch Philip doesn't trust him anymore. It's only a matter of time before they start forming an alliance against him.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
E-mail headers are easy to fake though ... I doubt those will conclusively prove anything. But would I put it past Russell? Absolutely not! :laugh:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
E-mail headers are easy to fake though ... I doubt those will conclusively prove anything. But would I put it past Russell? Absolutely not! :laugh:

Good point and I am having second thoughts about my prediction especially seeing that JP is apparently a fan of Russell and Russ seems to be wavering in his resolve to make this year his last Survivor. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdN_D1KUiE&feature=player_embedded

What type is Jeff Probst? I am thinking ESfJ