• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor Redemption

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I suspect that Grants number is comming up as soon as he loses immunity.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ya bringing everyone back from redemption would be cool! Those girls are stupid for not flipping, that was their chance to do something and they blew it. I'm sure the island wreaks havoc with their thought process but they can't be that stupid IRL can they? Just being led around and told what to do!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Watching the family reunion episode, and everyone crying because they haven't seen their family or contacted them for a few weeks, and I"m thinking... really? :huh:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Well, I find it interesting that Phillip is (and according to him, has been) aware of his role as the Villain, and that people would be smart to take him to the final 3. I, however, don't think he has any master strategy for getting first. He knows he's coming in 2nd. And that's fine because he still makes 100k. I find him a little boring now that I know he's not just THAT batshit crazy though. Sad.

Watching the family reunion episode, and everyone crying because they haven't seen their family or contacted them for a few weeks, and I"m thinking... really? :huh:

I always wonder that... Every season. That these people go A MONTH without seeing their family and they're bawling? The only explanation I can come up with, is that this game is actually more emotionally trying than we realize. On top of that, it's a game of deception... So you can't truly confide in anyone around you. Maybe they're just so desperate for a trustworthy support system that they break down over the thought of seeing their family?

F

figsfiggyfigs

I always wonder that... Every season. That these people go A MONTH without seeing their family and they're bawling? The only explanation I can come up with, is that this game is actually more emotionally trying than we realize. On top of that, it's a game of deception... So you can't truly confide in anyone around you. Maybe they're just so desperate for a trustworthy support system that they break down over the thought of seeing their family?
I wondered as well....
It seems that their families are really sad as well( although, it is usually mainly a parent, not a sibling or a friend). maybe they do seek a connection of genuine empathy.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My money is on Rob finally winning the million bucks this time around.

(above my first post)

Rob dominated the game. Fun season just to watch a pro play a perfect game. (did he have another immunity idol to take home with him too?). Most strategic player evaaa. Pulled the 2 least likely to win candidates on his coattails (and got them muddy in the process). Classic ENTJ.

And yeah Phil is crazy (but not N word crazy lol)

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Matt's demise was sad....after all that he lost that final "duel" so easily. He seemed rather distracted watching the other players.

Rob should go down in survivor history as the best player ever. Disappointing that his friendship with Grant didn't recover.

Question to anyone who cares to answer...
If you were on survivor...where would you draw the line?

I'm of the same mindset as Rob..it's just a game so everyone and everything is fair game. Though if i were to actually play Survivor that may change after forming friendships and bonding.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Question to anyone who cares to answer...
If you were on survivor...where would you draw the line?
Draw the line in regard to fucking people over? I wouldn't draw a line. It's a game. A competition.

If people felt too butthurt at the end of the game to maintain a friendship, then so be it. I personally wouldn't have a problem befriending a competitor after the game, even if they stabbed me in the back. Especially if it was a smart move than got them ahead in the game. I was always pissed that on Russell's first season the jury was too butthurt to give him the million. He played well and they knew it. Now - In Russell's current situation where he got fucked over by his tribe and it wasn't even a good strategic move for them? Yes... I would feel jilted.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Where would I draw the line. It would be a pragmatic balance between the game and its impact on my real life. When you play a "villain" on survivor its different than an actor playing a villain in a movie. The role sticks with the person more. Part of the game is to outplay and deception is a tactic which is presumed. I don't think Rob crossed the line. I would try and avoid unnecessary tactics which are deemed unethical in society at large but there are things I would do in the game that I would not do outside the game because its fair because everyone knows the game is a game (and not everyone knows life is also a game too)

PS. I thought David did a nice spin prior to his juror vote by pleading Robs case to the juror on why he deserves to be the winner of Survivor. I think Grant is a baby for holding a grudge (especially for being a professional football player who is suposed to be trained in sportsmanship and being a good loser). Regardless part of the game is knowing that the winner is to be voted on by those who have been voted off (i.e. butt hurt blame prone and biased) make up the jury (This seems to a an aspect of the game Russel doesn't give enough weight and thus an inferior player to Rob). So I would make it a point to carry a scapeghoat/monkeys paw to the final three jury over a person "who deserves to be there".

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
PS. I thought David did a nice spin prior to his juror vote by pleading Robs case to the juror on why he deserves to be the winner of Survivor. I think Grant is a baby for holding a grudge (especially for being a professional football player who is suposed to be trained in sportsmanship and being a good loser). Regardless part of the game is knowing that the winner is to be voted on by those who have been voted off (i.e. butt hurt blame prone and biased) make up the jury (This seems to a an aspect of the game Russel doesn't give enough weight and thus an inferior player to Rob). So I would make it a point to carry a scapeghoat/monkeys paw to the final three jury over a person "who deserves to be there".

Couldn't agree more.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I actually hadn't gotten a chance to watch the final episode yet. Im watching it now, and I just saw Natalie give her "opening plea". She is about as adept at articulating herself as a fucking rock.

And listening to Andrea and Natalie converse is causing me physical pain. "I was like... just wondering... if like... I mean like you betrayed the person that I like thought was your like best friend!"

Is it just me, or do they NEVER put intelligent girls on this show? I think in 22 seasons I can count the number of women I considered intelligent on one hand. It's like an endless parade of bimbos with nice bodies. The dynamics of this game would have been 100% different if all of the girls had a brain. But I feel like the women, consistently, are just pawns. And the game is determined by how someone else moves the pawns.

F

FigerPuppet

Jesus. Natalie and Ashley have to be retarded. How could they not grab at the opportunity to vote out Rob? And Ashley gloating after Andrea was voted out.. yeah, most definitely retarded.

And Ashley must have let Rob win the last challenge. She had all of the words. It's laughable the way these female sheep follow him.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Is it just me, or do they NEVER put intelligent girls on this show? I think in 22 seasons I can count the number of women I considered intelligent on one hand. It's like an endless parade of bimbos with nice bodies. The dynamics of this game would have been 100% different if all of the girls had a brain. But I feel like the women, consistently, are just pawns. And the game is determined by how someone else moves the pawns.

My sentiments as well.

I'm still sort of surprised the females didn't get together and vote out rob, that was idiotic of them. Ashley had immunity, TWICE, and she kept rob... *shakes head*.... I would've cut his throat the moment I had the chance.
Even though Andrea was a bit of a rock as well, she was definitely a little more intelligent and hardworking than those two.

Then there is Philip. Gefus... I don't know what words to use to describe the sheer.... thoughtlessness of that man.

Rob deserved to win.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Then there is Philip. Gefus... I don't know what words to use to describe the sheer.... thoughtlessness of that man.

Playing for 2nd still gets you 100,000$.

I truly think he never expected to win. And I think he IS smarter than he lets on.

I had to laugh at the Reunion when Jeff was on Russel's ass about never playing again."So, should we throw away your phone number?" "You know I just don't think that... blah blah blah" "Russel. SIMPLE QUESTION. Do you, or do you not want us to throw away your phone number?" "Just keep the damn number Jeff."

I heart Jeff Probst.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Playing for 2nd still gets you 100,000$.

I truly think he never expected to win. And I think he IS smarter than he lets on.
I think he just has ego problems. He might be book smart( according to that lady), but that doesn't make him intelligent, from the way I've seen him try to articulate himself, he seems to think people should automatically embrace him as an authority figure, and demands their respect without properly earning it. This is a huge issue in a game where deception and "making nice" is key. Oddly enough, his rotten behavior is what got him to the top 3; people wanted to keep a loyal but un-liked individual by their side.
I thought at jury, his behavioral patterns would shift; in order for him to convince them to vote for him. I expect him to tell them that "this has all been a play, I'm not actually this person--yadda yadda", instead, he told jury members to go to hell, and that its their problem they don't know who "Philip" really is. I definitely would not call that smart in such a situation. Yes he stuck by his twisted principles, but in survivor, you have to break your own principles at one point, and adapt a new persona to get ahead.

He just does not know how to let things go.

Just my 2 cents.

I had to laugh at the Reunion when Jeff was on Russel's ass about never playing again."So, should we throw away your phone number?" "You know I just don't think that... blah blah blah" "Russel. SIMPLE QUESTION. Do you, or do you not want us to throw away your phone number?" "Just keep the damn number Jeff."

I heart Jeff Probst.
I effen love Jeff, he seems like such an instigator sometimes. Its fantastic!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think he just has ego problems. He might be book smart( according to that lady), but that doesn't make him intelligent, from the way I've seen him try to articulate himself, he seems to think people should automatically embrace him as an authority figure, and demands their respect without properly earning it. This is a huge issue in a game where deception and "making nice" is key. Oddly enough, his rotten behavior is what got him to the top 3; people wanted to keep a loyal but un-liked individual by their side.
I thought at jury, his behavioral patterns would shift; in order for him to convince them to vote for him. I expect him to tell them that "this has all been a play, I'm not actually this person--yadda yadda", instead, he told jury members to go to hell, and that its their problem they don't know who "Philip" really is. I definitely would not call that smart in such a situation. Yes he stuck by his twisted principles, but in survivor, you have to break your own principles at one point, and adapt a new persona to get ahead.
Making nice is NOT key if you're playing for 2nd. Being hated is key.

Heres the situation: Either you play nice/strategic for a SMALL chance of making it to the final 3 (and if you are nice, you become a prime target for backstabs near the end) OR, you be a fucking dickhead and guarantee yourself a final 3 seat. Being nice makes it harder to get to the final 3, because no one wants to sit beside you. Being an asshole means EVERYONE wants to sit beside you.

Being nice is key if you want a small shot at getting a million. Being an asshole is key if you want a nearly guaranteed shot at getting 100k.

However, I recall reading that admitting that that is your strategy, or giving any indication of such is a breach in the survivor contract. That you can't claim that as your strategy, or conspire to share the million amongst multiple people because it ruins the integrity of the game. I think thats why he stuck to his schtick at final tribal. He got his 100k, he knew he wasn't winning, no reason not to keep up the act.

I do think he's batshit crazy. I just also think he's smart.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Making nice is NOT key if you're playing for 2nd. Being hated is key.

Heres the situation: Either you play nice/strategic for a SMALL chance of making it to the final 3 (and if you are nice, you become a prime target for backstabs near the end) OR, you be a fucking dickhead and guarantee yourself a final 3 seat. Being nice makes it harder to get to the final 3, because no one wants to sit beside you. Being an asshole means EVERYONE wants to sit beside you.

Being nice is key if you want a small shot at getting a million. Being an asshole is key if you want a nearly guaranteed shot at getting 100k.

The only reason Philip made it to the top 3 was because of Rob, everyone wanted to get rid of philp at one point. Multiple times. Rob convinced everyone otherwise; there were "bigger threats". Lets admit it, a LOT of the players have not been as intelligent as Rob. They would've gotten rid of Phil right away. Even those 2 idiot girls had been gunning for Philip over Rob, even at the end( when Ashely was unaware she was next). If Philip was in the other tribe, he would've gotten voted out LONG ago for the way he behaved. A "cancer" to a tribe is usually cut off from the get go: example--> Russell-- who was deemed as "negative energy" because he was seen as a possible crushing force.

However, I recall reading that admitting that that is your strategy, or giving any indication of such is a breach in the survivor contract. That you can't claim that as your strategy, or conspire to share the million amongst multiple people because it ruins the integrity of the game. I think thats why he stuck to his schtick at final tribal. He got his 100k, he knew he wasn't winning, no reason not to keep up the act.

I do think he's batshit crazy. I just also think he's smart.
I'll have to look into this, it would make a lot of sense. Also, Philip did admit his reasoning behind his behavior on camera(without the knowledge of others), he also pointed out that he was after the 100k, not the million, in which case, "sticking to his shtick" was the appropriate thing to do.

To me, he got lucky he lasted the noob-phase of the season; bring out the crazy later in the game, instead of the get-go.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The only reason Philip made it to the top 3 was because of Rob, everyone wanted to get rid of philp at one point. Multiple times. Rob convinced everyone otherwise; there were "bigger threats". Lets admit it, a LOT of the players have not been as intelligent as Rob. They would've gotten rid of Phil right away. Even those 2 idiot girls had been gunning for Philip over Rob, even at the end( when Ashely was unaware she was next). If Philip was in the other tribe, he would've got voted out LONG ago for the way he behaved. A "cancer" to a tribe is usually cut off from the get go: example--> Russell.

No, the dumbass girls wanted to get rid of Phillip. And as we have seen... The dumbass girls had absolutely zero strategy. If they would have taken a moment to think... They would have realized that Phillip was the best choice to take with them. Think about it... If they had flipped, and taken out Rob and anyone else... Phillip, Natalie, and Ashley as the final three? One of those girls would have been a millionaire.

The actions of those girls don't follow rational thought processes, they don't count.

I'll have to look into this, it would make a lot of sense. Also, Philip did admit his reasoning behind his behavior on camera(without the knowledge of others), he also pointed out that he was after the 100k, not the million, in which case, "sticking to his shtick" was the appropriate thing to do.

To me, he got lucky he lasted the noob-phase of the season; bring out the crazy later in the game, instead of the get-go.

He didn't admit he was going for the 100k. He said, (paraphrasing) that he wanted to be the villain so that everyone would take him to the final 3, BUT that he has a master plan to defeat Rob at the final 3, regarding what he was going to say. That BUT is the caveat... As long as he claims he has a plan.

F

figsfiggyfigs

No, the dumbass girls wanted to get rid of Phillip. And as we have seen... The dumbass girls had absolutely zero strategy. If they would have taken a moment to think... They would have realized that Phillip was the best choice to take with them. Think about it... If they had flipped, and taken out Rob and anyone else... Phillip, Natalie, and Ashley as the final three? One of those girls would have been a millionaire.

The actions of those girls don't follow rational thought processes, they don't count.

Thats what I'm saying. They wanted to get rid fo phillip, because they saw him as a nuisance, instead of a strategic move. Just because they weren't following a rational though process, it does not mean their votes did not count. Most of the players are idiots, who made multiple illogical decision, but their votes still counted. If Rob didn't know how to manipulate his tribe, and protect Philip for later use, he would've been gone early on. Imo, the only reason Philp made it to the top, was because rob was smart enough to recognize an opportunity, whereas, everyone else wouldn't have.

He didn't admit he was going for the 100k. He said, (paraphrasing) that he wanted to be the villain so that everyone would take him to the final 3, BUT that he has a master plan to defeat Rob at the final 3, regarding what he was going to say. That BUT is the caveat... As long as he claims he has a plan.

I recall early on, after they solidified their alliance against the incoming tribe, that he admitted to going for the 100K, then afterwards, a few episodes down, he said he was working on a master plan to defeat rob. Thats what I saw, I might be wrong.