User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I suspect that Grants number is comming up as soon as he loses immunity.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ya bringing everyone back from redemption would be cool! Those girls are stupid for not flipping, that was their chance to do something and they blew it. I'm sure the island wreaks havoc with their thought process but they can't be that stupid IRL can they? Just being led around and told what to do!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

figsfiggyfigs

Watching the family reunion episode, and everyone crying because they haven't seen their family or contacted them for a few weeks, and I"m thinking... really?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Well, I find it interesting that Phillip is (and according to him, has been) aware of his role as the Villain, and that people would be smart to take him to the final 3. I, however, don't think he has any master strategy for getting first. He knows he's coming in 2nd. And that's fine because he still makes 100k. I find him a little boring now that I know he's not just THAT batshit crazy though. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Watching the family reunion episode, and everyone crying because they haven't seen their family or contacted them for a few weeks, and I"m thinking... really?
    I always wonder that... Every season. That these people go A MONTH without seeing their family and they're bawling? The only explanation I can come up with, is that this game is actually more emotionally trying than we realize. On top of that, it's a game of deception... So you can't truly confide in anyone around you. Maybe they're just so desperate for a trustworthy support system that they break down over the thought of seeing their family?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post

I always wonder that... Every season. That these people go A MONTH without seeing their family and they're bawling? The only explanation I can come up with, is that this game is actually more emotionally trying than we realize. On top of that, it's a game of deception... So you can't truly confide in anyone around you. Maybe they're just so desperate for a trustworthy support system that they break down over the thought of seeing their family?
    I wondered as well....
    It seems that their families are really sad as well( although, it is usually mainly a parent, not a sibling or a friend). maybe they do seek a connection of genuine empathy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    My money is on Rob finally winning the million bucks this time around.
    (above my first post)

Rob dominated the game. Fun season just to watch a pro play a perfect game. (did he have another immunity idol to take home with him too?). Most strategic player evaaa. Pulled the 2 least likely to win candidates on his coattails (and got them muddy in the process). Classic ENTJ.

And yeah Phil is crazy (but not N word crazy lol)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Matt's demise was sad....after all that he lost that final "duel" so easily. He seemed rather distracted watching the other players.

Rob should go down in survivor history as the best player ever. Disappointing that his friendship with Grant didn't recover.

Question to anyone who cares to answer...
    If you were on survivor...where would you draw the line?

I'm of the same mindset as Rob..it's just a game so everyone and everything is fair game. Though if i were to actually play Survivor that may change after forming friendships and bonding.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    Question to anyone who cares to answer...
    If you were on survivor...where would you draw the line?
    Draw the line in regard to fucking people over? I wouldn't draw a line. It's a game. A competition.

If people felt too butthurt at the end of the game to maintain a friendship, then so be it. I personally wouldn't have a problem befriending a competitor after the game, even if they stabbed me in the back. Especially if it was a smart move than got them ahead in the game. I was always pissed that on Russell's first season the jury was too butthurt to give him the million. He played well and they knew it. Now - In Russell's current situation where he got fucked over by his tribe and it wasn't even a good strategic move for them? Yes... I would feel jilted.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Where would I draw the line. It would be a pragmatic balance between the game and its impact on my real life. When you play a "villain" on survivor its different than an actor playing a villain in a movie. The role sticks with the person more. Part of the game is to outplay and deception is a tactic which is presumed. I don't think Rob crossed the line. I would try and avoid unnecessary tactics which are deemed unethical in society at large but there are things I would do in the game that I would not do outside the game because its fair because everyone knows the game is a game (and not everyone knows life is also a game too)

PS. I thought David did a nice spin prior to his juror vote by pleading Robs case to the juror on why he deserves to be the winner of Survivor. I think Grant is a baby for holding a grudge (especially for being a professional football player who is suposed to be trained in sportsmanship and being a good loser). Regardless part of the game is knowing that the winner is to be voted on by those who have been voted off (i.e. butt hurt blame prone and biased) make up the jury (This seems to a an aspect of the game Russel doesn't give enough weight and thus an inferior player to Rob). So I would make it a point to carry a scapeghoat/monkeys paw to the final three jury over a person "who deserves to be there".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

PS. I thought David did a nice spin prior to his juror vote by pleading Robs case to the juror on why he deserves to be the winner of Survivor. I think Grant is a baby for holding a grudge (especially for being a professional football player who is suposed to be trained in sportsmanship and being a good loser). Regardless part of the game is knowing that the winner is to be voted on by those who have been voted off (i.e. butt hurt blame prone and biased) make up the jury (This seems to a an aspect of the game Russel doesn't give enough weight and thus an inferior player to Rob). So I would make it a point to carry a scapeghoat/monkeys paw to the final three jury over a person "who deserves to be there".
    Couldn't agree more.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain