User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Where are all the peeps who voted for this book??

I've got some guesses on types:
    Raz, I think, is an NF, of some kind.
    Cord, I'm thinking ESTJ.
    Jesry, ESTP
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Do we have a link to this thread on the original book club thread? Maybe they didn't see it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post

Cord, I'm thinking ESTJ.
    Jesry, ESTP
    Raz - IxxP of some sort, maybe. He doesn't come across as strongly anything. I could also see infj.
    Cord - not sure. She comes across as S(J) but I think that may be influenced by growing up and living in a very S-seeming world (vs the far more N of the concent)
    Jesry - will have to think about this one

Do you get to his female friends by part 4? I don't remember.

Honestly none of the characters were all that well fleshed-out, I thought. The story was far more concerned with the plot/theories underlying the plot.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Do we have a link to this thread on the original book club thread? Maybe they didn't see it.
    Good point. I'll link it.

My blog:

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Cord, I'm thinking ESTJ.
    Jesry, ESTP
    I didn't even know you made a new thread. I rely primarily on subscriptions and live feed. So I didn't see it until now. You probably should have linked this from the other thread. I assumed the discussion would pop up in there.

I'd say STJ for Cord, too. I actually highlighted a section which said that one of the concepts was, "too abstract for Cord's taste" because I thought it applied to N vs S for her.

I also highlighted this: (When they ran into Arsibalt who had a bloody nose)
    [...]she drew out blunt plugs of white fibrous stuff, about the size of her little finger, with strings trailing from them. "What on earth are those?" Arsibalt wanted to know.

"Blood soaker uppers," Cord said, "one for each nostril, if you would like."
    Wtf.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I didn't even know you made a new thread. I rely primarily on subscriptions and live feed. So I didn't see it until now. You probably should have linked this from the other thread. I assumed the discussion would pop up in there.

I'd say STJ for Cord, too. I actually highlighted a section which said that one of the concepts was, "too abstract for Cord's taste" because I thought it applied to N vs S for her.

Wtf.
    hehe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Sorry. I said I'd make a new thread for the discussion. But it's linked in the original thread now. I'll know for next time.

Wtf.
    I know! Hahah

My blog:

Banned

I'm going to hang back; because I finished the book 2 weeks ago and also because I found everything before Part 5: Voco slightly dull. Although I do understand the necessity of 'more thorough' background given to the slower readers, for someone who is more used to this righting style it did feel somewhat like babying, only slightly improved due to the visual imagery (particularly as pointed out - regarding the clocks). Moreover I'm concerned that many of the contributions in regards to typing book characters given are mostly based upon whimiscal projection and very few references from the book itself. Indeed I understand that it may be a tricky book to many members, but despite the slow pace this task has been tackled with I don't feel it does the book or the characters proper justice to simply take a very small portion of the book and to make decisions on that basis.

I will explain the significance of the clocks later once you reach the end of Part 11 and see the significance of the clock as a symbol to the Millenarian Incanters/Rhetors - when they identify convergence and the resulting polycosmic manipulation.

Besides, if you haven't completed the book then you haven't even met the two most INTJ characters yet.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Has everyone finished the book except me? If so, feel free to discuss the book in its entirety. I'm getting close to the end... should be done in a few days. I'll just stay out of this thread until then.

But, Jim, my typings weren't based on whims... they were very much based on passages from the text; I just didn't quote them because I was at work when I posted. I'll post them later. And I'm not finding this to be a "tricky" book.... just long. I have a full time job, family obligations, and am working very actively on my Masters thesis, so I don't have a whole lot of free time to devote to reading the book.

My blog:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Cord, I'm thinking ESTJ.
    Jesry, ESTP
    my typings weren't based on whims... they were very much based on passages from the text; I just didn't quote them because I was at work when I posted. I'll post them later.
    I refuse to let this book club die without a fight!!

Here are the reasons for my attempt at typing some of the characters:

-On my page 70:
    "Well, I was oblivious to all that Warden of Heaven stuff," Jesry concluded. "I've been very busy computing for Orolo's group."
    "Why did you think Tamura was drilling us last night?" I asked.
    "I didn't think about it," Jesry said. "All I can say is, it's good you are around to be aware of all this."
    This passage shows me 2 things:
    1. Jesry takes thing sat face value, and doesn't read into them or overthink them. Probably S.
    2. Raz DOES "read between the lines," and furthermore, he's known as someone who "is aware of things." Probably N.

-My page 188: Raz mentions how he felt like he could talk to Tulia about his feelings. Which means he wants to discuss his feelings: F. (Tulia's response indicates that she might NOT actually be someone who wants to talk about feelings, but I haven't found sufficient grounds to really try to type her.)

-On my page 98:
    In fact she spent so much time working out how the clock functioned
    "She" refers to Cord. All of her technical savvy and fascination with the way things work and how to build/repair them makes me think she's STJ. And she just seems more extroverted, so I tacked an E onto that.

I'm still not sure about Lio, but here are some passages that stand out to me about him:
    -On my page 9:
    Lio had a funny mind that sometimes did not respond to words.
    Inventing ways to wrap the bolt & chord
    -On my page 19:
    Lio cam up and stood too close behind me.

My blog: