• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Super Smash Brothers

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Who here finds this game to be extremely appealing?
I have had both the older games since they came out and am going to be 'first on line' for Brawl this Sunday. :happy:
However, ever since I got to college, I can no longer consider myself a superstar at the game.
There are some people I know who seem to need the game as much as food and water.

For those who are interested..

Personality Type: INFP
Best Character(s) in Smash: Pikachu (N64), Pikachu + Marth (N64 & GameCube)

I personally can't wait to play Pikachu for Brawl. He will be shocking.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't have a Wii yet, but I used to play SSB religiously on the Cube. I always took Pikachu, and it's weird because I've always hated Pokemon.

My son (three years old at the time) used to kick the snot out of me, just by mashing buttons, while I would try to figure out combos and what not. Silly me I suppose. I probably would have done better rolling my face back and forth across the controller.

S

sammy

I love this game! Yoshi and Kirby are my best characters to work with in SSB.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
(ahem)

<------

We are WARRIOOOORRRS!!!!

Ice Climbers will kick everyone ass.

Hahhahaha.

No they won't.

It pisses me off a bit how relatively weak and tricky this 'character' is to play, but I love me some ice climber. They are the noblest off contenders!!! I want to treat them like a puppy and hug them and squeeze them and catch them when they get pushed off that ledge by the rest of y'all bastards.

Button mashing works really well for many fighting games, but definitely for some characters better than others. I would button mash and still lose to my even bigger game geek brother and his friends.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This should be in Arts and Entertainment not Sports/Games. haha

Was definitely into Melee. Haven't played much video games the past couple of years. I'd like to try the new one but I'm not a fan of the Wii remote.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
(ahem)

<------

We are WARRIOOOORRRS!!!!

Ice Climbers will kick everyone ass.

Hahhahaha..

i knew i remembered your avatar from somewhere...

this game is badass, although i prefer the original. i always played fox and, i must say, did pretty well for myself. :D

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius likes playing as Yoshi for obvious reasons. Sometimes he also plays as Link as well.

When's the due date? I forget.
In the USA this Sunday, I think, or did they change it again?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
umm, hello, im playing fox, you cant play fox too

what were you thinking?! play jigglypuff or something

Jigglypuff can be awesome if you know how to use him/her/it. My INTJ friend is INSANE at Jigglypuff!!!! :shock:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My friend and I used to always have Link (me) vs Captain Falcon (friend) fights. I also like using Pikachu. Mr. Game and Watch was a dud. They should ditch him in any future games.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always play as Link.
I wish they would make a smash bros for Nintendo DS.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love SSB! I mainly play it with friends, in vs. mode though. I started with Link, but can also play Peach (I was entertaining an 8 year old, and kept beating her. She was getting bored, so I tried to lose, but I can't just LOSE, so I used progressively worse characters. Peach wasn't that hard to use, but I eventually lost with Jiggleypuff). I have trouble running, and usually end up falling off cliffs, I like slow characters or characters that fall really slowly, like Peach. I always end up dying as Samus. Game and Watch is fun, but not very good.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My fucking Wii is broken so I didn't bother to go get it last night. I had a reserve copy though.

This is bull.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I was a button masher for Melee. Near the end I figured out some actual commands and started to kick ass. Usually played as Kirby or Zelda/ninja dude. I'm always intimidated by the hardcore gamers.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I am a borderline pro SSBM player. I play Marth, Ganon, and DK.

Jigglypuff can be amazing in melee. Here is the King in action.

I do not have brawl or a wii for that matter, but I won a local brawl tournament with Ike. My favorites from brawl are so far Ike, Wario, Pit, and Wolf.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
I own Melee and Brawl, and they're both awesome. I used Young Link in Melee, and in Brawl I use his "replacement" Toon Link. I really don't know how skilled I am, but with Toon Link I'm probably a level or two more advanced than the level 9 comp players (not sure that makes me a pro or anything though).

As for a "best type", I don't think there really is one; the best type for playing it usually depends on the types/strategies of the other players. To some degree, I think you can learn a lot about somebody's personality type by playing SSB and analyzing their attitudes towards and when playing the game.