• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Magic the Gathering

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So anyone else besides me play Magic at all? Thought, decks, other random conversation about Magic?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I run a trample deck right now. :yes: I love playing, even though I'm not the best at it (I'm not so detail oriented @_@ the more complex the cards get the more lost I get.)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trample decks are the best :yes:

Same here, which is why I play EDH and casual more often than other formats.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My buddy runs an elf deck, and we get some really interesting matches when we throw a third person into the mix. I like playing with three people best rather than one-on-one matches. You get more cards out, and get to really run your deck imo.

I'd like to build a black and red deck sometime.. or a cute theme deck. :3

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, multiplayer is certainly the most fun. So do you play (or have heard of) the EDH format?

And yay for theme decks! :D

I've built numerous theme decks including: snakes, spiders, goats/rams/boars, natural disastors, badass, and kitties :3

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
I played a white deck. It was fun. I didn't like attacking.

Once had a Moon Glow Moth that swung for 42 because I kept on adding things to it.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by chachamaru

Once had a Moon Glow Moth that swung for 42 because I kept on adding things to it.

Nice :yes:

My brother and I once played a game (Lorwyn/Alara standard) where I was playing soldiers, and he was palying elfs. It became a battle of numbers, that is until he got more creature toeksn then me, and the preceded to take his time and let me live while he generated over a million elfs. No joke either, he really had the many elfs in play.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't played in about 5 years, so I'm sure as to how the rules have changed, but I used to kick some serious ass with a forrest/mountain deck. my specialty was kicking bombarding with an army of weaker monsters summoned all at once (and of course, Trample was great too :devil: )

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
I haven't played in about 5 years, so I'm sure as to how the rules have changed,

Well, a few years ago they got rid of 'damage on the stack'. Many players were not pleased yet continued to play anyway.

And they made a new level of rarity, called Mythic, which basically are super expensive card. Many players were not pleased yet continued to play anyway.

And they weakened down planeswalker in the story from demi-gods of great power to weaklings who can planeswalk, just so they could print planeswalkers cards and make money. Many players were not pleased yet continued to play anyway.

but I used to kick some serious ass with a forrest/mountain deck. my specialty was kicking bombarding with an army of weaker monsters summoned all at once (and of course, Trample was great too

:solidarity: to trample and the colors of red/green!!!!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just curious, have you ever heard of MTGSalvation?

I haven't at all. I'm currently looking at potentially playing online, but I just don't want to spend money on virtual cards when I won't even buy IRL cards. :laugh:

@_@ To me, blue and white are the worst colors. :laugh: I especially think that white is broken.

I played an EDH game for the first time last night. It was pretty cool, I admit, but I don't have a deck of my own for it yet.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've played it, my kid is absolutely nuts about it. Shadowfist is a superior collectable card game. Alas, it's almost dead, though.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Always looked to me like a 'lawyer game' Watching my sister play has always had the endearing charm of legal discussions :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't at all. I'm currently looking at potentially playing online, but I just don't want to spend money on virtual cards when I won't even buy IRL cards. :laugh:

It's a fairly popular site, although be careful if you tread foot there, as the mods are super strict (most being INTJ's and INTP's) :eek:

Also, I agree, whats the point of buying virtual cards when paper ones are so much better? :yes:

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
my avatar: exhibit A.

Red is the best color, duhhhhh. I think it is the ENFP color, lol. On a side note, Gryffindor's for bosses.

I play old school. I hate the new post 8th edition look. I started playing during the Invasion block/7th edition. Incidentally those are my favorite sets, but I dig a lot of the older blocks. I didn't touch Mirrodin but I dabbled in Kamigawa. After Kamigawa I pretty much lost interest in the game's new developments, but I still play every now and then, with mostly the older cards of course.

I make my friends play with mana burn. That shit is in the storyline...

My main deck is a three-color RGB deck. It's loaded with creature removal -- 4 terminates, plus a healthy amount of burns, including 4 lightning bolts. The green portion can get pretty wild -- Vernal Bloom plus Fanning the Flames is pretty horrific. To top it off there are some heavy hitters -- two thorn elementals, a spiritmonger, some dragons (vaevictus asmadi!) and a couple of fierce empaths to get them out into the fray.

Magic I think jives pretty well with MBTI... I'm an ENFP and my favorite color is Red; my INTP friend loves playing White, go figure, haha. Then again I have another friend that likes playing as Blue, and he's an ENFP. What a weirdo.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my avatar: exhibit A.

Red is the best color, duhhhhh. I think it is the ENFP color, lol. On a side note, Gryffindor's for bosses.

I play old school. I hate the new post 8th edition look. I started playing during the Invasion block/7th edition. Incidentally those are my favorite sets, but I dig a lot of the older blocks. I didn't touch Mirrodin but I dabbled in Kamigawa. After Kamigawa I pretty much lost interest in the game's new developments, but I still play every now and then, with mostly the older cards of course.

I make my friends play with mana burn. That shit is in the storyline...

My main deck is a three-color RGB deck. It's loaded with creature removal -- 4 terminates, plus a healthy amount of burns, including 4 lightning bolts. The green portion can get pretty wild -- Vernal Bloom plus Fanning the Flames is pretty horrific. To top it off there are some heavy hitters -- two thorn elementals, a spiritmonger, some dragons (vaevictus asmadi!) and a couple of fierce empaths to get them out into the fray.

Magic I think jives pretty well with MBTI... I'm an ENFP and my favorite color is Red; my INTP friend loves playing White, go figure, haha. Then again I have another friend that likes playing as Blue, and he's an ENFP. What a weirdo.

ENFP + Red + old-school player + awesome post =

imagesCA0AK9X4.jpg
imagesCA4MF5U0.jpg

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh whoops, I forgot you're an odlschool player, and those pics are from more recent MTG cards, so of course you would recognize them, my bad :blush:

So to make up for that, I shall post pics of older dragons instead! :D

images72.jpg
images105.jpg

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
lol 7th ed shivan dragon and Darigaaz from invasion block

I am a huge nerd

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My mono green is overwhelming stampede based.. Acidic slimes, wolf briar elementals, leatherback baaloths, birds of paradise, hydras.. I think there's a new ridiculous card out that puts wurm creature tokens out that I want. It's a cute deck.

My commander deck is WRB, my general sends demons, angels, and dragons out when she attacks. It's a precon deck, but my buddy is going to help me modify it to run faster and better.