• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Hmm, does Hindustani classical dhrupad count as weird, at all?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well..I don't really consider any of the music I like to be weird, obviously, but others probably do.

I like an Australian folk group called Nomad, and they blend a lot of Aboriginal culture into their music.

I like Native American flute ensembles, it's so peaceful and serene. Just the flutes and maybe the soft pat of a drum.

I really like Dead Can Dance, and they're like nothing I've ever heard.

I love classical music, jazz, blues, swing, and almost every music genre up intil around 1950. But that's not necessarily weird.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably World War II marching music accompanied with parading soldiers (from all sides of the conflict).

G

garbage

Skitsystem, a crust punk act, is one of my favorite bands. Their latest album and the first on their discography page, Stigmata, is one of their tamest releases. Check out Enkel Resa Till Rannstenen, especially tracks 5, 7, and 12, if you really want to listen to some strange but awesome music. Under Hopploshetens Kalla Stjarna is one of my favorite songs, ever.

And I also like other stuff like gladiators eat fire, ladyscraper, Bomb the Music Industry! and The Arrogant Sons of Bitches.

But then I like bands like Nickelback and lots of other mainstream stuff, too.

I love Finnish Folk Metal. It's just so awesome.

[Youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGywo81G6lk"]Finntroll-Trollhammeren[/youtube]

Honestly, bagpipes, synths, accordions coupled with punishing double bass and Finnish lyrics, singing about trolls? Can't really get much better.

Oh hell yeah how could I forget Finntroll.. they're awesome!!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
mahavishnu? idk if that is considered weird... what is weird when it comes to music. maybe some 12 tone.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard?

I love both...but imagine most would think they are weird or too hippie/new-agey!!

My first instinct was to put them too! But now I think about it they're one of the more mainstream of my tastes. :huh:

My music taste in general is 'weird' i.e. goth and industrial. Some strange bands:
*Cinema Strange (See, they even have 'strange' in the title, lol. Really lovely songs though.)
*Heimatærde (I'm currently obsessing over this band. It's industrial mixed with authentic medieval instruments.)
*Velvet Acid Christ/:Wumpscut: etc. (Screams/gunshots/sadistic killers and druggies talking about their deeds - taken from film samples - set to an amazing beat and haunting music. Not for the faint-hearted and my friends would just be like, "Um, you listen to that to relax?" Aggrotech is my guilty pleasure.)
*Einstürzende Neubauten (Proper industrial, using old bits of metal, drills etc. to make music which wouldn't be to everyone's tastes.)

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Weird music, eh? Okay. Two of my favorite songs from two of my favorite artists.

TRS-80 is electronica out of Chicago. I would describe it as "abstract drum and bass."
[YOUTUBE="KyDobcn1TDs"]TRS-80 - "Cliff Evans"[/YOUTUBE]

cLOUDDEAD is "abstract rap" out of San Francisco, although this song isn't really rap.
[YOUTUBE="zT-WKw15j_E"]cLOUDDEAD - "Dead Dogs Two"[/YOUTUBE]

L

Lasting_Pain

I like Japanese music even though I do not understand it, I even try to sing it.