• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I don't have a concept of weird music. Modern pop music sounds bizarre to me.

I guess implicitly, music from other cultures would be considered abnormal. I like Hungarian folk, Klezmer, ghazal, gypsy jazz, chanson, malian... this wont mean anything to most people so I don't know why I'm typing it.

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
Montana - Frank Zappa ("unique" concept)

Frank Zappa beats anybody for weirdness hands down. Check out Thing-Fish or Civilization Phase III or any of his 70+ albums. :headphne:

Other "weird" music I like
GONG
Sun Ra
Mysterious Voices of Bulgaria (weird to a Western ear)
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (same as above)
Edgar Varese
Lustmord
Diamanda Galas
The Shaggs

Just to name a few. I love love love love music

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't have a concept of weird music. Modern pop music sounds bizarre to me.

I guess implicitly, music from other cultures would be considered abnormal. I like Hungarian folk, Klezmer, ghazal, gypsy jazz, chanson, malian... this wont mean anything to most people so I don't know why I'm typing it.

Great! I am a big Django fan.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I also like Django and Herbie Hancock!

The weirdest stuff I listen to is probably Tom Waits, which really isn't that weird.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Is weird nontraditional? If so, maybe Blackalicious and the Idan Raichel Project.

Didums

Heh, cannibalism. (That song is actually based on a true story if I remember correctly.)

Yea lol that is one of their more crude and uhhh Obvious songs, and yes it was based on a true story. I don't speak German so I look up all the lyric translations to their songs on their website, alot of it is very poetic.