• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Beats me- I don't know much about LR.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
PS: moved from Fluff Zone.

I'm not sure I've ever moved a thread OUT of the FZ!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to really like Black Flag. Unfortunately since I heard Henry Rollins' spoken word I can't really enjoy them anymore. He seems like an even more massive tool to me than Jello.

awww i still love the Dead Kennedys and Black flag, even if Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra are both tools. (and they totally are both tools)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah for some reason I still enjoy DK but not so much Black Flag. I guess I liked DK better to begin with. And maybe Jello's a funnier tool than Henry. I'm not used to quantifying these things!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was thinking about this thread and I guess I realized that while I have an eclectic music collection, not much of it is actually "weird". I guess the weirdest things I have are Faith No More, Parliament, the Flaming Lips, and old old Genesis.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Old Genesis definitely qualifies.

PETER GABRIEL: Okay, I have an idea, guys. Let's write a rock opera about a Puerto-Rican teenager who gets castrated and then his weiner gets carried off by a bird. We can't fail!

THE REST OF GENESIS: uh... okay?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Old Genesis definitely qualifies.

PETER GABRIEL: Okay, I have an idea, guys. Let's write a rock opera about a Puerto-Rican teenager who gets castrated and then his weiner gets carried off by a bird. We can't fail!

THE REST OF GENESIS: uh... okay?

And yet everyone still looks at me askew when I say I don't pay attention to lyrics.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like some of those Weird Al Yankovich song parodies, the not-so-popular Styx album "Brave New World," and a lot of video game music (especially from the Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda series).

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like some of those Weird Al Yankovich song parodies, the not-so-popular Styx album "Brave New World," and a lot of video game music (especially from the Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda series).

I love music from the Legend of Zelda series. I like to listen to it when i'm driving.
I also like some Weird Al, my favorite by him is "white and nerdy" because i can relate to it.:blush:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do loves me some Weird Al. I haven't heard that Styx but I loves me some old Styx. I like the Tetris music best.

So, what about the weirdest music you've heard, but didn't necessarily like? Diamanda Galas, anyone?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That was the first Aphex Twin song I heard.

This was the second.

And thus began a long love-affair with that weird-ass fucker.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Animals on Wheels. Reminds me of the first girl I forced to take me home after blatantly and repeatedly throwing myself and my cleavage at her over a period of what seems like several nights. good times. Hahahahhahaa. :wholesome smile:

If you want weird music, just listen to anything gothic ambient. It's basically a bunch of chains clanking, some ominous bass droning and occassional dark giggling by a masculine ogre voice. I think anything on glockenspiel as well counts in a corny indie way.

I generally don't find music 'weird', but I do find it strange that some things are considered music -- like the gothic ambient stuff. Do not like.

Or just turn on college radio (and by this, I mean small stations, not the ones with a lot of money and a big transmitter that play a lot of hip hop with some white guy from Wisconsin replaying the intro to some Mariah Carey song over and over goiing "jyeaa, jyeaa that's my joint' :doh:)

And to me all Diamada Galas does is scream like a banshee. Speaking of which, I luv Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Last edited:

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Animal Collective is probably the weirdest music I have in my collection. It's all over the shop yet strangely not to bad to listen to after you get used to the strange noises and chants.

Margot and the Nuclear So and So's are pretty weird also.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The Fiery Furnaces are a good genre bending band. They have a very unique sound. Architecture in Helsinki is quirky.

You know, I take it all back and say it again, I generally don't find any music weird. Just strange that some people like certain genres and that some sound is considered music.

^^ And I listened to Animal Collective...strange that it sounds similar to Animals on Wheels.

I think IDM (intelligent dance music) would probably be considered more challenging to listen by mainstream standards as it's supposed to challenge the trad idea of 'music'. I thought it was funny how it was described as 'what art students are most likely to be playing in their room'.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Animals on Wheels, love
Fiery Furnaces, love
Mars Volta, love

I think I love weird music.