• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weirdest music you like?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just saw Gogol Bordello on Saturday, and it was a great show. I took a rather nasty elbow to the forehead, though, and retired to the bar area after that.
Gogol Bordello's great! I love Start Wearing Purple.

Queen, Dr Hook, Melanie.
Good list. I play Brand New Key practically on loop. :wubbie:

Bowie much? :yes:

Wing from New Zealand. She even got her own South Park episode. Here's her website, complete with samples (warning: Wing is very, very weird!):

Wing Music - Official web site - samples, discography, CD sales, bio, events guide, news
Now, Wing is SERIOUSLY weird. I'm never sure whether to be proud or embarrased :D

Cocorosie, Bjork, Deerhoof, Devendra Banhart all make my friends feel uncomfortable, but I love 'em.
CocoRosie and Devendra are fantastic. These are the artists that weird out my friends and family.

The above are basically the extent of my weirdness. There's many more that other people (conservative people, that is) think are weird that I don't find weird at all: Beirut, She and Him, Midlake, Tapes 'n Tapes, Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, The Flaming Lips, Antony and the Johnsons etc

Weirdness is relative I guess.

deleted
I don't think he's weird. But probably one of the weirdest I listen to.

[YOUTUBE="9QdgUJss9BU"]Messiaen[/YOUTUBE]

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i like alot of instrumental/theme/personality portraying music like the stuff from rpg soundtracks. its not all i listen to but its probably the most ecclectic. if a song stimulates my imagination by reminding me of something i like i tend to like listening to song.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
i like alot of instrumental/theme/personality portraying music like the stuff from rpg soundtracks. its not all i listen to but its probably the most ecclectic. if a song stimulates my imagination by reminding me of something i like i tend to like listening to song.

Same here. I love instrumentals in the minor key for some reason, haunting melodies you might say.
It stimulates you to just sit back and think about things. I don't particularly like 'background' music that blends in. If there's a bit of music I like I can listen to it and do nothing else and that in itself will interest me.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ

Hey I loved that Sundance song! Exactly the sort of music that I love to dance to in a club. Sadly all my other friends are like, "electronic... I think I'll sit down now." :( I've had to dance by myself many a time because I can't help myself with this sort of music.

If anyone likes ethereal darkwave instrumentals I highly recommend Black Tape for a Blue Girl. I wanted to link 'Am I so Deceived?', one of their songs, from Youtube, but I can't find it there. Their songs are truly atmospheric and beautiful, doesn't matter if it has vocals or not.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've never been able to like Portishead more than casually, but Beth Gibbons's voice is truly beautiful. I can't believe she smokes!

Apparently, scotch and cigarettes help make her voice so distinctive (when she is not channeling Billie Holiday, of course).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stuff I like that other people have told me is weird:
Cocteau Twins
Fiery Furnaces
The Knife
CSS
Siouxsie & the Banshees
30s & 40s swing music

Stuff I think is weird for me to like:
Kylie Minogue
Sugarcult
George Michael (old stuff)
a few Sophie B. Hawkins songs
some old Janet Jackson

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I usually get told that nearly everything I like is weird, obscure or in bad taste. That's why I usually don't tell people what I like.

coldbluewaves

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Deerhoof or Battles, probably. One's "Math Rock" (Battles) and the other is.. "experimental indie rock/noise rock" (Deerhoof, obviously).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Given that I was marginally educated in classical piano as a child, love Mozart, took ballet (and listened to ballet music accordingly) for 11 years, Tori Amos has got to be one of my all time favorites. In a similar vein, I adore Nick Cave, Bjork, and PJ Harvey.

But I also have a taste for hard rock and grunge extended to (but not limited to) Nirvana, Alice in Chains, some Seether, Marilyn Manson, and Rage Against the Machine.

I also like Trip Hop and Acid Jazz, stuff like Portishead and Goldfrappe and Sneaker Pimps.

I get in moods where I prefer classic rock, cool stuff like Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd, but also relatively redneck, misogynistic garbage like Ted Nugent and Lynnard Skynnard.

In light of all this it's pretty fucking weird that I love the 80's. And not just REM and Morrissey and Elvis Costello like you might expect. I'm also a huge fan of early 80's synth pop like Howard Jones, Duran Duran, and Til Tuesday.

My taste in music is just weird. Did I mention that I also like Panic! At the Disco and My Chemical Romance?