• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The reasons for hating Dane Cook...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, let me just say that, first of all, I am not familiar with Dane Cook or any stand-up comedians, for that matter.

But I have noticed some people who have a fanatical disliking for him (some of whom post on this forum) that is incomparable to other stand-up comedians. So I must ask, what are specific reasons for hating him? What makes him any more hated than other comedians?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, let me just say that, first of all, I am not familiar with Dane Cook
For your own sake, keep it that way. In fact, don't even read this thread. It'll make you weep.

I'm starting an MBTIc Anti-Dane-Cook coalition. All who want to join can just copy and paste the slogans I have in my sig to theirs. Or just say "I'm in the ADCC

But I have noticed some people who have a fanatical disliking for him (some of whom post on this forum) that is incomparable to other stand-up comedians.
Chances are, these are the same people who don't pay $4.02 for gasoline.

So I must ask, what are specific reasons for hating him? What makes him any more hated than other comedians?

He sucks and he's lame. He doesn't even tell jokes.

Dane Cock said:
Someone at the same party as Dane said:
someone shit on the coats!
What?
[pretending to be oblivious following his shitting on the coats]

Shut the fuck up, comedy n00b.

I only wish you had diarrhea that day. Then you would have gotten caught with brown stains on your ass.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Some people might really dislike him, and I can see why, but for others, I think it's a matter of identifying with the counterculture. It's cool to hate Dane Cook, right?

I don't really mind him. I caught the end of his HBO special and smiled a bit.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Some people might really dislike him, and I can see why, but for others, I think it's a matter of identifying with the counterculture. It's cool to hate Dane Cook, right?
Not that I'm aware of.

Actually, I kind of see where you're coming from.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally Posted by Nocapszy
He sucks and he's lame. He doesn't even tell jokes.
Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
So I must ask, what are specific reasons for hating him?

Doesn't get much more specific than that.

Besides, maybe it's just his whole motif that I hate. Considered that?

What were you expecting me to say? "His beard is too scraggly."? "There's this one joke he always says and I really think it sucks."?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i think although he is obviously an effective performer, he is overrated as a comedian, and generally people who are inclined to kick and scream about overrated people do so because they are unsatisfied with the current level of attention they get on a day to day basis. they might even strive for attention in the process of mocking those that they feel get more than they deserve.

if other people think he is worth their time then they are going to watch him, and there is nothing "fake" about that... my suggestion is to put your time towards enjoying things you enjoy instead of hating things you hate.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Off topic:
What's with your dislike of Dane Cook Nocapszy? The way you're repping against him it seems like maybe he personally bashed your mother?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I guess if you were to compare the world of comedians to the underground metal/hardcore scene, Dane Cook = Hot topic.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now personally, I don't think any comedians are funny. (Movies that are comedies can be funny, however.)