• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The reasons for hating Dane Cook...

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've clearly stated my reasons for disliking him. I'll not be impugned over your pro-culture BS following Edahn's *poignant* :)rolli:) post.

I can speak for myself.

For the record, I wasn't accusing you personally of only disliking Dance Cook because it's trendy. Like I said, I can see how he just doesn't tickle some people.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I liked Dane Cook until Zach Galifianakis told me to stop.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Zach Galifianakis has that affect.

Wait, no he doesn't. I'm thinking of Jesus.

Who's Zach Galifizzelumpkinpops?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Jesus would tell you to dislike Dane Cook, too.

Jesus told me just yesterday he didn't like that shot of him, FM. Says he thinks he has a double-chin. He just got over his eating disorder and the chronic self-sacrificing two years ago, you know. Give him some peace, for heaven's sake. :cry:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jesus told me just yesterday he didn't like that shot of him, FM. Says he thinks he has a double-chin. He just got over his eating disorder and the chronic self-sacrificing two years ago, you know. Give him some peace. :cry:

Hey, I only Photoshopped him from the neck down. If he has a problem with his chin, he should take it up with his Dad.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Poor Dane Cook. He was the it-boy last year or the year before, whenever it was that he did that movie with Jessica Simpson and that other one about being a waiter (he was in that, right?) but now this "Dane Cook Sucks" movement is getting off the ground.

What's all this I hear about him stealing jokes? I knew that Carlos Mencia did that, and I think Larry the Cable Guy too (and I can't stand either of those dudes) but I hadn't heard it about Dane Cook.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Hey, I only Photoshopped him from the neck down. If he has a problem with his chin, he should take it up with his Dad.

:D

Poor Dane Cook. He was the it-boy last year or the year before, whenever it was that he did that movie with Jessica Simpson and that other one about being a waiter (he was in that, right?) but now this "Dane Cook Sucks" movement is getting off the ground.

What's all this I hear about him stealing jokes? I knew that Carlos Mencia did that, and I think Larry the Cable Guy too (and I can't stand either of those dudes) but I hadn't heard it about Dane Cook.

We're agreed. I feel a little bad for him, too. Yep, he did that movie, called Waiting.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
For the record, I wasn't accusing you personally of only disliking Dance Cook because it's trendy.
Oh I know dude. I didn't take any offense.

I'm just not positive I really see what you're talking about in the way of disliking him because it's trendy. I mean... he's famous because it's trendy. I guess two opposing trends CAN exist. How else would gang warfare break out?

MBTI Type
INTJ

I heard it about Mencia too, but I never heard it about Dane Cook. Actually, my opinion of him might improve slightly if he were stealing his jokes, because then he's just a bad comedian instead of a bad comedian AND a bad writer.

I think the tipping point in the Dane Cook Sucks movement was his atrocious commercials for the baseball playoffs last year. Faking enthusiasm is not his strong suit. That said, he's still ridiculously popular...I doubt he's caring what we think.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I think the tipping point in the Dane Cook Sucks movement was his atrocious commercials for the baseball playoffs last year.

Yeah, those sucked.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OH FUCK I forgot about those commercials. Okay, I'm officially on the Dane Cook Blows bandwagon. :)

(He's still HOT AS HELL though. Hatesex!)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What the hell are you and Edahn talking about? When did this shit start?

I know of ONE other group in staunch opposition of everything he is and they're not true believers. They say his stand up is acceptable, which it is not.

And I only know of them. That's where I got my awesome avatar.

He stole jokes from Daniel Tosh and Louis CK.

I think the whole sex joke bit is getting a bit overcrowded though. It's nearly impossible not to steal from someone in that field.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
(He's still HOT AS HELL though. Hatesex!)

Lol! :D

All I can say is, I have to have some legitimate respect for anyone who gets up in front of thousands of people and can be loose, active and not wet in the crotch from pissing themselves.

Huh. I guess that would make me a fan of Hitler. Though I don't know if "loose" applies to him. :rolleyes:

It's not like he's trying to convince people to kill all the Jews. He's trying to be entertaining, and he clearly enjoys making that effort. Some people DO find him entertaining. I can't see a reason to diss him yet. I don't know that much about him, but I respect what he tries to do, even if some people think he fails. Most of us wouldn't even be able to attempt to do what he does, so he has my kudos.

That, and I just can't spend my time thinking about everyone who fails to entertain me.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Getting up in front of thousands of people isn't that difficult even for the shy people.

Just ask James Hetfield. Biggest introvert on the planet. He plays for more people than anyone in the world excepting Mick Jagger and the super-bowl players.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Getting up in front of thousands of people isn't that difficult even for the shy people.

Just ask James Hetfield. Biggest introvert on the planet. He plays for more people than anyone in the world excepting Mick Jagger and the super-bowl players.

All right. Make everyone at MBTIc into a stand-up comedian with as many fans (and haters) as Dane Cook and James whatever his name is.

Then your point will be proven. :)

In faaaact. Put me on stage right now and see how I do. Heck, put yourself on stage. Let's have a little battle of stand-up jokes.

According to you, we'll blow everyone out of the water. Their sides will be torn asunder, tears will be streaming down their faces, the laughter will be like thunder, and we will become big, BIG, BIIIG stars. :rolli:

Forgive me for *SNORT*

MBTI Type
INTJ

I agree. At least for me, it would be easier to get up and perform in front of 15,000 people than in front of five. 15,000 are faceless, but five are intimate and freaking scary.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I agree. At least for me, it would be easier to get up and perform in front of 15,000 people than in front of five. 15,000 are faceless, but five are intimate and freaking scary.

FINE. Agree with him. *Ivy's patented hairflip*

You know what, sir? You can sleep on the couch tonight. In front of two million faceless people.

Sweet dreams.