User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'll call him quite a dreadful filmmaker.

House of 1,000 Corpses, for example, was one of the biggest jokes in history. I pity the poor fools who think that movie is a work of genius.
    Yeah, you know, I like to pity people when they're enjoying themselves too. Why enjoy yourself when there are so many things in the world you can hate, huh? DANG, the list is endless. I haven't even gotten STARTED yet. You know what I'm gonna start with? I'm gonna start with hating college.

And the color of lipstick Lindsey Lohan was wearing on the cover of some tabloid I saw in the check-out line at the grocery store today. PUH-lease Lindsey. Puh-lease. It doesn't go with your skin tone AT ALL.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    You know what I'm gonna start with? I'm gonna start with hating college.
    I'm with you there. At least community college, which is not much different than high school. The thing I despise about college is the way they require people to take classes that aren't related to their field of interest.

For example, I want to learn the mathematical formulas to design roller coasters efficiently, I don't care about any other mathematical theory unless it is applicable to my own theoretical model.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm with you there. At least community college, which is not much different than high school. The thing I despise about college is the way they require people to take classes that aren't related to their field of interest.

For example, I want to learn the mathematical formulas to design roller coasters efficiently, I don't care about any other mathematical theory unless it is applicable to my own theoretical model.
    We wouldn't want anyone getting a well-rounded education, would we?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dane Cook is an interesting comic in that his whole shtick is heavily based, (I'd say roughly 90% of it), on his larger-than-life, charismatic delivery of what is indubitably an unoriginal, uninspired, wit-deprived, thought-recycling source of skimpy substandard material.

He is all bark and no dog.

All package and no present.

I view David Cross as Dane Cook's polar opposite, i.e. he's all content, while exhibiting minimal amounts of celebrated "cool".
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Interesting point CC. I have to say when I was trying to think of funny Dane Cook moments earlier in the thread, none of them sounded funny enough in text to even put down. "he has this thing about how you can't understand people in the drive thru!" Very mundane- but I'll admit, I laughed my ass off when I saw it. It's just his mannerisms, I think, that are funny about him.

David Cross is exceptionally low-key. But I find that charming in its own way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    We wouldn't want anyone getting a well-rounded education, would we?
    If others want to get a well-rounded education, that's their decision.

I, on the other hand, want only the information that I find useful for either implementing or expanding my own conceptions or satisfies my curiosity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If others want to get a well-rounded education, that's their decision.

I, on the other hand, want only the information that I find useful for either implementing or expanding my own conceptions.
    So go through a certificate program or get a technical degree instead of a traditional college degree. But if your career of choice requires traditional college then it's probably best if you just get over it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interesting point CC. I have to say when I was trying to think of funny Dane Cook moments earlier in the thread, none of them sounded funny enough in text to even put down. "he has this thing about how you can't understand people in the drive thru!" Very mundane- but I'll admit, I laughed my ass off when I saw it. It's just his mannerisms, I think, that are funny about him.

David Cross is exceptionally low-key. But I find that charming in its own way.
    In a sick sorta way, *looks left, looks right*, and strictly on an animalistic basis, I find Dane Cook sexually attractive.

He's chalk-full of testosterone and confidence, and in a hypothetical situation, sure, I'd do him.

But a guy like David Cross, a guy like him, would stop me in my tracks, and make me fall in love.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    In a sick sorta way, *looks left, looks right*, and strictly on an animalistic basis, I find Dane Cook sexually attractive.

He's chalk-full of testosterone and confidence, and in a hypothetical situation, sure, I'd do him.

But a guy like David Cross, would stop me in my tracks, and make me fall in love.
    Totally. On all counts. And a guy like Jack Black who I think has both form and substance would be like the best of both worlds!

(On a related note- SEE, DD? I'm not the only one!)

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

But a guy like David Cross, a guy like him, would stop me in my tracks, and make me fall in love.
    :horor: Not you too, CC! One of my female OL crushes, not you!!!

What do I have to do for you women? Use cosmetic surgery to look like that thing?!

Dane Cook, you!!! and deja vu...