123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I mostly like Atlantis because it's got more space scenes.

Really, I like Battlestar Galactica the best, however, I am always irked about how the only sufficiently advanced technology is narrowed only to the spaceships. The telephones have wires on them and there are no sliding doors.

Though to kick it up a notch and be more creative, I'd have the telephones just be holographic palm pilots and the doors would be a sort of liquid kind of deal -- the door won't slide open but will open by disappearing via a liquid kind of morph.

And, of course, I loved Farscape. Don't know if reruns are ever on anymore.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I thought that was because Adama didn't want wireless networks on the ship? Or that the ship was old?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I thought that was because Adama didn't want wireless networks on the ship? Or that the ship was old?
    The point is that I doubt that in a far future with such advanced technology, wired networks would be ancient history. Adama probably wouldn't even know that there weren't anything but wireless networks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Really, I like Battlestar Galactica the best, however, I am always irked about how the only sufficiently advanced technology is narrowed only to the spaceships. The telephones have wires on them and there are no sliding doors.

Though to kick it up a notch and be more creative, I'd have the telephones just be holographic palm pilots and the doors would be a sort of liquid kind of deal -- the door won't slide open but will open by disappearing via a liquid kind of morph.
    I think this entirely misses the point of Battlestar Galactica. The technology isn't supposed to be center stage, it's supposed to be unobtrusive and take a backseat to the human drama.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think this entirely misses the point of Battlestar Galactica. The technology isn't supposed to be center stage, it's supposed to be unobtrusive and take a backseat to the human drama.
    And that's how the show becomes flawed. Science fiction is about technology, the imaginative possibilities for systems. No sci-fi fan should care about the people. In a proper movie or television show, the characters should be the drones that move the story along. In science fiction, the technology is the star. The human drama is the boring part.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

And that's how the show becomes flawed. Science fiction is about technology, the imaginative possibilities for systems. No sci-fi fan should care about the people. In a proper movie or television show, the characters should be the drones that move the story along. In science fiction, the technology is the star. The human drama is the boring part.
    LOL. That's how the show becomes awesome.

Are the boundaries really that stark for you? No mixing sci-fi and drama! No, we mustn't give it interesting characters or moral dilemmas! That seems so.. two dimensional to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Posts above moved from here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

LOL. That's how the show becomes awesome.

Are the boundaries really that stark for you? No mixing sci-fi and drama! No, we mustn't give it interesting characters or moral dilemmas! That seems so.. two dimensional to me.
    The visionary dogfights are what make Battlestar Galactica so awesome. (And Number Six.)

I don't see why fictional people are of any interest to anyone, really. They only need to look good.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The visionary dogfights are what make Battlestar Galactica so awesome. (And Number Six.)

I don't see why fictional people are of any interest to anyone, really. They only need to look good.
    People have written books on this topic.

We live vicariously through fictional characters. Through them, we deal with universal topics that affect all of humanity. We also deal with our own fears through fictional characters facing them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

People have written books on this topic.
    Well, I'm not going to read them because apparently, I have the same idea.

We live vicariously through fictional characters. Through them, we deal with universal topics that affect all of humanity. We also deal with our own fears through fictional characters facing them.
    I've never watched movies for that purpose. I watch movies to expand my own vision. My mind is inspired by the visual poetry of them. The characters are just a footnote for me. People are the most mundane part of a story. The worlds that the story progresses through are what count.