• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American TV Shows

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So, watch this.

Discuss :D
I only watched 1:26 of it, but I'm sure we deserve whatever censure we received.
I personally can't watch that stuff.
It makes me paranoid, and I'm already paranoid enough.

And what's worse is we export that filth so we can violate the rest of the world with it.
It's no wonder the Muslims who bombed us on nine-eleven think the US is the great infidel. Duh!

I daresay the Brits are not all that innocent though. The sexual content allowed in Britain has long been considered far too offensive for American television. And that TV announcer was a good bit more verbally vulgar than what is allowed on mainstream tv in the US.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think there are trashy tv shows in each country.
USA is just a big country with lots of tv programs exported to the rest of the world and that's why we others get to see also the bad tv shows from America.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think there are trashy tv shows in each country.
USA is just a big country with lots of tv programs exported to the rest of the world and that's why we others get to see also the bad tv shows from America.

BINGO.

The US has easily the largest number of TV programs of any nation in the world. It's quite simple to cherry pick the basest and crudest ones and try to make a blanket statement if that's what you want to do. I daresay that if someone made an 8 minute package like that featuring the best of US television, it would be quite impressive.

I'll take the potshots about US television programs more seriously when other countries don't buy them up as fast as they can get their hands on them.

MBTI Type
INTJ
:rolleyes: Ad populum.

The theory of "ad populum" is of little use in the arena of art; there is no objective measure of the worth of a television show. Unless of course you believe you can be the sole arbiter of quality television :)

I stand by my statement. If it weren't enjoyed, it wouldn't be watched so widely. As the old joke goes, "This food is terrible. And the portions are so small!"

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last night I saw My Name Is Earl, love that show, and then when I came in, I caught King of the Hill at 4am.

I watch a lot of American TV shows.