User Tag List

Thread: Dead Space 2

Default Dead Space 2

You know, I'm generally not a huge fan of survival/horror games. I mean, the only game that I have touched that comes close to Dead Space would be Resident Evil (1 and 3.) I saw someone playing Dead Space 2 and found it fun to the point that I might decide to play it myself (no matter how gory or freaky/gruesome it may be.)

How did I let such a series pass me by? Again, wasn't a big fan of the genre. Time for me to get Dead Space 1 (if it would at least... not be sold out) and 2.

"Strategic dismemberment." I got to hand it to the guy that came up with that. Two words that doesn't sound right together.

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, though I've read it's only a nine hour game. Watching my friend play both of them has inspired me to buy the second and he's allowing to borrow the first. I really want to sit down in the dark and get to breaking these things apart. I love the similiarity of gameplay between Resident Evil and Dead Space, that's why I like the first a lot. I've only played the fourth and fifth of that series though.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i've seen segments on Dead Space 2 on Electric Playground. i don't know why i watch that show as i own none of the latest gaming platforms, i'm just torturing myself. Unfortunatley for me, Dead space 2 looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Yeah, though I've read it's only a nine hour game. Watching my friend play both of them has inspired me to buy the second and he's allowing to borrow the first. I really want to sit down in the dark and get to breaking these things apart. I love the similiarity of gameplay between Resident Evil and Dead Space, that's why I like the first a lot. I've only played the fourth and fifth of that series though.
    Mmmm, the story is linear, which is a good thing.

I think the 9hr gameplay depends. I'm quite sure it may take me a bit longer since I don't play these types of games much, let alone playing them on the PS3 version. Playing the game in certain ways is also worthwhile. The guy I saw playing did not use much med packs from what I can tell. I'm quite sure there is a big difference between medium and hard (that guy barely had ammo most of the game.)

I noticed the gameplay is different enough from Resident Evil. Constantly flickering lights... mobs going everywhere (back then... you don't get jumping zombies until a certain point in RE1.) The story is similar though. Infection, research, infection.