• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anime (and Manga) Appreciation!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(If this thread already exists, let me know. If it doesn't, this thread is long overdue...)

This is a place to appreciate the excellent artform and fun entertainment that it is...

Post various awesome here... videos, pictures, etc.:

[YOUTUBE="NFFci5o2nmI"]Azumanga Daioh (Captain Jack mix)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="eleKGxNrErQ"]L from Death Note Funny Moments[/YOUTUBE]

q-1-1.jpg

Battle.jpg

Last edited:

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I love anime ^_^ well a few anime's, 99.9% seems to suck, but some out there are just super amazing... like you <3

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HOORAY FOR ANIME!!!!!!!

AND NOW FOR A LIST OF SOME OF THE BEST (My Personal Favorites) ANIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann.jpg

dragonball-z-pencilboard-3.jpg

death-note-english-dubbed.jpg

full_metal_alchemist_lo.jpg

gits.jpg

Baccano1.jpg

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
unusual, deep and intelligent.

Ryutaro Nakamura - Serial Experiments Lain

serial_experiments_lain-14374.jpg

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="M14yUGQDDrM"]D.Gray-Man[/youtube]

[youtube="DDZYTMTgvSI"]Claymore[/youtube]

Are interesting as are many more.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
lain was really awesome, so much good anime out there, so little time, I just watched soul eaters recently, that was pretty good too, although not in my top 5, when I have a better presence of mind, I will come in and list a bunch of my favorites.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lain was really awesome, so much good anime out there, so little time, I just watched soul eaters recently, that was pretty good too, although not in my top 5, when I have a better presence of mind, I will come in and list a bunch of my favorites.

ah, a connoisseur! keep us posted, i'm embroiled in this sci-fi monstrosity (Anathem) for the TypoC book club but when i emerge [wiser, sleepier and even geekier than i am] i would love to peruse your list!

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I will work on a list, maybe I will start tonight, but im pretty tired, your avatar is from one of them <3

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Heres what I could come up with so far, a * next to it means its one of my favorites, I like every anime on this list, but in varying degrees, but I am only gooing to use a * on my favorites, the others will not be given a ranking, that never ends well,lol.

Rurouni Kenshin* (and Reminiscence, not a HUGE fan of sumarai X but still liked it.)
Full metal Alchemist* (and Brotherhood*)
Cowboy Bebop*
Elfen Lied
Berzerk** sooooo violent though, the stuff nightmares are made of... the manga is even crazier, but I like it a lot more.
Gundam SEED (and most of the gundam shows, but in varying degrees, some are just ok, some are pretty awesome)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (and pretty much the other stuff too...)
Death Note*
GunGrave
Grave of the fireflies
FLCL**
Fruits basket*
Samurai Champloo*
Naruto (MOSTLY shippuuden**, but I think the earlier episodes where needed for contrast and to show his growth...)
Bleach*** (been reading really far forward in the manga, not really watching the anime anymore)
Trigun*****(Oh god YESSSSS...morreeee...why does it have to be over *cries*)
Vision of Escaflowne
Princess Mononoke*
Chrono crusade
Wolf's rain*
Scryed*
Serial Experiments Lain**
Vampire Hunter D (second anime I ever watched actually, was brutal,lol)
Eureka seven
Boogiepop Phantom (serious wtf anime, but I kept coming back for more...lol)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
With hunter Robin
Ghost in the shell (the movie, not much of a fan of the series, was ok first time through.)
Hellsing (Ok, I haven't actually watched more than one episode so far, but what I saw, was kind of awesome, and I
keep meaning to watch the rest...lol)
Paranoia Agent (their intro music annoyed the hell out of me.)
Akira (first anime I ever watched, my mom about killed my brother for letting me watch it, I had so many
nightmares,lol)
Outlaw Star*
.hack//SIGN* (also twilight bracelet, but not so much...)
CODE GEASS* Hangyaku no Lelouch (also, R2)
Ranma 1/2 ***
Yu Yu Hakusho*
Noein - Mo Hitori no Kimi e
D.N Angel
Kiki's Delivery Service
Peace Maker Kurogane
Trinity Blood***
Ninja Scroll (the series as well)
Record of Lodoss War
Blood: The Last Vampire (and Blood+, actually I think I like Blood+ a lot more...)
Dragon Ball!*** (some of Dragon ball Z)
Fist of the North Star
Galaxy Express 999***
Soul Eater*
Macross
Dead Leaves***
Yamato Nadeshiko*
Ah! My Goddess!*** (there seems to be multiple versions of this anime, the one I prefered which I saw first, I cant seem to find anywhere online...)
Tenchi Muyo (Like most of them to one degree or another.)
Kekkaishi
Blue Gender
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

There is so much more, im sure, but this is all I can think of/find at the moment, I will add more if/when I remember them... I didnt include pics cause my list is way to long, that would be way to huge of a post,lol.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like and know far too many. :ninja:

[youtube="W2vwjDcuydc"]Ergo Proxy[/youtube]

[youtube="yCpRANX321M"]Sol Bianca[/youtube]

[youtube="AfUQnUY0uIU"]The Twelve Kingdoms[/youtube]

[youtube="Hdweb4o17Hc"]Vandread[/youtube]
Funny. :cheese:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some more I like

[youtube="tpAD1n6cOL8"]Basilisk[/youtube]

[youtube="IbuL5HnzbCQ"]Heroic Age[/youtube]

[youtube="pCVU8TyeHd8"]Guin Saga[/youtube]

[youtube="e-nWi7OZ7ow"]Desert Punk[/youtube]

lol

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
some of those that I haven't seen look interesting, I will have to refer back to this thread after my current queue dries up.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
More.

[youtube="JbSZJuGxffo"]Sengoku Basara[/youtube]

[youtube="iGDVLoX0D2c"]Tokyo Majin[/youtube]

[youtube="BbY3P-M93X0"]Gantz[/youtube]

[youtube="9KC6aoOn5oo"]Darker Than Black[/youtube]

[youtube="rf3riiuNkyc"]Fate Stay Night[/youtube]

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="YLT_WXIzuDU"]Aquarion[/youtube]

[youtube="0TFgAJV5TBA"]Fairy Tail[/youtube]

and

[youtube="0BW-a61JT9M"]Ninja Nonsense[/youtube]

Looks comedic like Dragon Half, goes view it next. I like parodies and fun anime too!

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Awesome avatar agentfurrina. ^^ Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite movies. I have to say I didn't quite get Serial Experiments Lain, or where I did, thought the themes were needlessly obscured. My favorite part of the shows is in the intro, the guy saying "present day ... present time! AHAHAHAHA!!"

This is one of my favorite AMVs. Big O was a great show.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdY9wyD2SAs"]Stand in the Rain without an Umbrella[/YOUTUBE]

I still really like this scene from Evangelion. All this fast-paced action and then like 1 minute dedicated to just a tense silence between Rei and Asuka in an elevator. Awesome. :laugh:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSa6BgoRCY&feature=related"]Evangelion[/YOUTUBE]

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Anime Movies are awesome too. :)

Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat Returns
Porco Rosso
My Neighbor Totoro
Laputa Castle In the Sky
A Wind Named Amnesia
Grave of the Fireflies
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke too
Princess Arete
Kiki's Delivery Service

Akira
Paprika
Ninja Scroll
Metropolis
The Vision of Escaflowne
The Sky Crawlers
Battle Angel Alita
Vampire Hunter D
Tokyo Godfathers
Lupin III, Castle of Cagliostro
Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows

Yes I know. :shrug:

[youtube="0kwpQG7k2zU"]Origin - Spirits of the Past[/youtube]

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The best anime of this season (so far) is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The best that finished last season was probably Shiki.

Favourite series include Clannad/Clannad After Story, Bakemonogatari, Honey and Clover 1/2, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni/Kai/Rei, Ef a tale of Melodies/Memories, Code Geass/R2, Toradora!, Hikaru no Go and Eureka 7.

Favourite anime movies are mostly by Makoto Shinkai, and Byousoku 5cm/s makes my list of the best movies of all time. Recent movies that were good were Fate/Stay Night: UBW and the Eve no Jikan movie. Though I wouldn't recommend the FSN movie unless you'd seen the series already.

My tastes are undoubtedly skewed towards the josei-drama genre, though I also have a weakness for humour, shounen and seinen-type horror and drama. Generally, I can't stand romance unless it's made realistic (i.e. depressing) and/or horrific. I guess to me, the most important thing is good writing, good characters and depth. If anything, I love nihilistic or existentialist series which deconstruct the typical genre types.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favourite anime of all time is Wolf's Rain, with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood not far behind (of which I also love the manga). My favourite characters from those series are Darcia III and Roy Mustang, respectively. I've also seen:

Kuroshitsuji (+II)
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Code Geass (+R2)
Spice & Wolf (+II)
Vampire Knight (+Guilty)
Hatenkou Yuugi

+ bits and pieces of Ghost in the Shell, Naruto, Trinity Blood, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

Movies:
FMA: Conqueror of Shambala
Spirited Away
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke

I need to watch more Miyazaki...