• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

British Comedy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Speaking of Ali G, did you know Kazakhstan is a real place?

My ENTJ friend told me his mom was born there. Yeah, like Borat.

I swear to god I thought he made that shit up, it made me feel ignorant, but my friend just laughed.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes and my friends started jokingly saying am from Kazakhstan rather than Czechoslovakia, pfft.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking of Ali G, did you know Kazakhstan is a real place?

My ENTJ friend told me his mom was born there. Yeah, like Borat.

I swear to god I thought he made that shit up, it made me feel ignorant, but my friend just laughed.

I sold a car once to a guy from Kazakhistan, the dude did some agressive bargaining. His name also was pretty kickass.. can't remember though, except it was a odd Islamic/Perisian/Russian hybrid.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Was looking for a brit drama series that wasn't a comedy and forgot what it was called, something about a woman winning millions and not telling anyone or something.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I just started watching Top Gear about a month ago..i'm HOOKED!

Yes Top Gear is awesome! The Caravan episode was the best. The American version is kinda lame in comparison.

Faulty Towers was pretty good. Monty Python of course.

I really liked Brainiac too. If you liked Richard Hammond from Top gear check it out.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes Top Gear is awesome! The Caravan episode was the best.
Yeah, the season just finished was brilliant; a big step up from the previous few seasons (which were silly, gimicky and half-assed). I loved the caravan one and also the one with the Reliant Robin. Who knew a car tipping over repeatedly could be so funny? I cracked up every single time :laugh:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My God, most of this stuff is ancient. Is America where bad British comedy goes to die?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My God, most of this stuff is ancient. Is America where bad British comedy goes to die?

The BBC doesn't consider the American market a priority for timely releases. Strange, right?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
A friend keeps sending me clips of The Trip and I like it. They sort of just bitch at each other and do impressions. I find it amusing.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I sold a car once to a guy from Kazakhistan, the dude did some agressive bargaining. His name also was pretty kickass.. can't remember though, except it was a odd Islamic/Perisian/Russian hybrid.

I really want to go to Kazakhstan.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mmmhmm said:
i <3 shaun of the dead.

Simon Pegg / Nick Frost had a series called Spaced. Which was a bit of an acquired taste.

Channel 4 comedy is generally edgier than BBC comedy: Black Books, The IT crowd, Peep Show, Russell Brand's Ponderland, 8 out of 10 cats, Shameless...

I loved Green Wing.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A friend keeps sending me clips of The Trip and I like it. They sort of just bitch at each other and do impressions. I find it amusing.
Is it me that keeps sending it to you? I don't know anyone else who's seen it!
This is my fav clip.

It's heavily improvised which gives it a kind of naturalness and immediacy that you just wouldn't get with a script. Those two have a fantastic rapport.

Why is that even funny? I have no idea.

You might enjoy Marion and Geoff. I like observational humour that doesn't ever look like it's trying to be funny.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hahaha. I love that one. I have no idea how he found it, but he has a good handle on impressions, accents, voices himself so we always find ourselves doing similar things, and we have a similar dynamic.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I like Chef! and Doc Martin. The Prisoner was a huge favorite amongst my sybs and I growing up.