User Tag List

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Default Deadly Premonition

Has anyone here played this amazing game?

For those of you who haven't heard of it (almost everyone,) Deadly Premonition is a unique, quirky and fascinating game that ranges from beautiful to truly terrifying. It's almost unheard of, and at first was dismissed as a "bargain game," but has been redefined as a diamond in the rough.

Few video games have captured my attention as much as this one. The story is intriguing from the start and only continues to get better as the game progresses. The characters are interesting and strong and the plot keeps you constantly guessing. It is strange but you'll find that everything is meaningful and eventually ties together.

"Did you hear that, Zach?"
    (And of course, York is definitely one of my favorite characters ever.)

Do you enjoy survival horror games with a twist? Interesting story-lines? Are you a fan of Silent Hill (SH2, in particular,) the Penumbra series, or even Heavy Rain? Want to play a game like Twin Peaks? Want something new for your Xbox? I recommend Deadly Premonition.

Click here (under Overview) for a spoiler free plot summary.

I'll probably try to analyze the MBTI types of the characters if I get a good enough response.
    Last edited by Caligula; 01-27-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Living is never a waste of time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've wanted to play it since it came out. I don't own any consoles though.

I could emulate it, but instead I decided to watch Twin Peaks. I've been told it's Twin Peaks: The Game, and that series entertained me greatly (at least the first season did).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't own either of the current systems, but I'd love to play this! What do you think, Zach?

I recently was linked to a Let's Play on YouTube of this game. I hadn't heard of it before. So far it seems incredible! Really quirky, and pretty much right up my alley in terms of weirdness and type of story and gameplay. Going by the videos of it I've seen so far, it seems to be the most bizarre game I've ever seen. (which is a good thing to me)

I like all the movie references. :P Apparently it reminds a lot of people of the show Twin Peaks, which I haven't seen but have been meaning to see for ages now. I guess considering the fact I like what I've seen of the game, I'll probably like the show too, huh? Anyway, I'd be interested in what type you think York is. I've been wondering about it myself since watching the video series. (which, btw, hasn't ended yet. So I'm not up to speed on the entire plot of the game, so I don't have much to add aside from my current impressions)

I'd also like to know what type you think Thomas is. I think he's my new favorite video game character. Squirrel fobs!

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! If you can't play it definitely watch the entire Let's Play of it - I can't recommend it enough and it's probably in my top video games ever. It really tells a complete, perfect story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya View Post
    I'd also like to know what type you think Thomas is. I think he's my new favorite video game character. Squirrel fobs!
    You might change your mind as the game progresses.

Okay, types! Let me know what you think. (I'm kinda just guessing here.)

York - ENFP
    Emily - ESFJ/ESFP
    George - ISTJ
    Thomas - ISFJ
    Zach - ISFJ (No spoilers! )
    Last edited by Caligula; 01-31-2011 at 08:48 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hmm, I'd like to hear some explanations behind each of your choices of type per each character if you're up for it! I don't really have any disagreements at the moment - I'm still taking in the story and processing each character, myself. I saw the end of the game just the other day, and I'm still blown away. You were right - it truly does have quite an awesome story to it.

I have to say that Thomas still remains a favorite character of mine, as well as Emily. I think Emily may have top spot as favorite character, though. I like the whole cooking element to those two character. hehe

I'm curious as to what you would type Polly as, as well as Nick. Those two characters were quite interesting... Polly because of her knack for changing the subject and avoiding questions, and Nick because of his seemingly abrasive nature that is actually, deep down, pretty sentimental. I'm also a bit curious about Ushah's type! Haha. (pretty much everyone in the game is interesting to me -- that rarely happens for me) :o

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

I think Nick's an ISFP. Reminds me so much of an ISFP I knew.
    Polly, not sure. ISFJ, perhaps? What do you think?