• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypoC book club?

Would you be interested in a TypoC book club?

• Yup

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Would anyone be interested?

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
What kind of books would we read? I like the idea of using Ventrilo to discuss (still need to download, setup, etc.)

gromit

likes this
Put me down for a 'maybe'. I might actually be joining another book club actually. AHHH commitments...

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Using Vent is a good idea, Jock, I hadn't thought of that. I need to set it up too, but I could do that.

As for the kinds of books... I don't know. I suppose it would depend on who wants to participate and what we all are interested in reading. I was thinking of having a thread where we could discuss and then vote on ideas. People could opt in or out of certain books, too, of course. If we're reading a book someone isn't interested in, they could sit out the session and jump back in later.

Right now I'm reading World War Z which I think would be a great book club read, but I'm certainly open to suggestions!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe, but depends on the kind of book. There's some genres that I tend to really dislike. I've never joined a book club before, seems pretty self-explanatory I guess. How long would you wait to discuss it after picking a book?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How long would you wait to discuss it after picking a book?

Also open to suggestions. :) What do people think? 2 weeks? A month? I'm thinking a month would be more reasonable for most people....

Urgh, I shoulda included a Maybe option in the poll. I don't know how to change it...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm.. I might be interested.. same as Randominity though.. What we read would determine my participation.

I guess I would just about be open to anything except, 2000 page long, period romance novels. :laugh:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
T

ThatGirl

Okay, so what are we reading this month?

We can start discussion the first of February.

My participation will probably wane after the semester starts, unless you guys want to read my textbooks together...

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, so what are we reading this month?

We can start discussion the first of February.

My participation will probably wane after the semester starts, unless you guys want to read my textbooks together...

Alrighty, sounds good!

AgentF, thanks for your nominations! I will add World War Z by Max Brooks.

Any more nominations? I'll take them for 20 more hours, then voting will commence.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Unbearable Lightness of Being: Milan Kundera
Siddhartha: Herman Hesse
Fifth Business: Robertson Davies

T

ThatGirl

The Sicilian by Mario Puzo.

Hey the voting was supposed to stop in 12. I need time to hit the library.