• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypoC book club?

Would you be interested in a TypoC book club?

• Yup

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I decided to go cheap and order it regular shipping instead of prime and its taking foreverz to get here. I have the audio I got from the library site but it's hard to always do audio.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It reads very nicely the second time around when you don't have to exert yourself to piece things together. I'm a lazy reader.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Whoa hey really? I think I still have an edu email from graduating from college all those many years ago.

N

NPcomplete

Can the amazon student thing be used in other countries? Like say, Canada?

The book is starting to make sense. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know but I found out through part 4 is only 200 something pages. no sweat.

N

NPcomplete

WHat pg are you on?

Hmm my Kindle says I'm 4% in the book. I don't know what page that corresponds to..but they're still interviewing Quin. I really got into the story when the narrator talked about melancholy. It was a sentence but it struck a chord. I actually looked up, took a deep breath, smiled at a random person on the subway and went back to reading.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm my Kindle says I'm 4% in the book. I don't know what page that corresponds to..but they're still interviewing Quin. I really got into the story when the narrator talked about melancholy. It was a sentence but it struck a chord. I actually looked up, took a deep breath, smiled at a random person on the subway and went back to reading.

That's a nice story. :) I think you're about the same place I am.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've just finished re-reading through part 4 (I love snow days). FYI, it kicks into gear *after* this. Well, the conflict is setup anyway.

Mole

Permabanned
I do like being read aloud to. And playing characters is fun, but that'd be better for a play than a novel.

I want to savagely end reading as a solitary activity and make it a shared experience.

I don't want to talk about a book, or anything else, I want to experience it now in company. In short, I want to read aloud to you and with you and in you. By you and with you and in you, becomes a sacred experience. We are now longer at a distance from what we read, we are what we read, and we are what we read together. And what we read, transforms us; we are transubstantiated by the spoken word. Just as the spoken word transubstantiates the bread into the body, the spoken word transubstantiates the word into our living flesh.

Who could possibly want to go back to dispassionate reading of the solitary text when we can ride the waves of emotion beating through the global village?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Who could possibly want to go back to dispassionate reading of the solitary text when we can ride the waves of emotion beating through the global village?

*raises hand*

*returns to her solitary corner to read alone*

*enjoys it*

Mole

Permabanned
*raises hand*

*returns to her solitary corner to read alone*

*enjoys it*

C'mon, here you are talking with us in the global village and denying it at the same time. If you keep this up, and the wind changes, you will be cross-eyed forever.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i bought this book. but i'm having someone read it for
me and giving me an executive summary. i bet they're
reading it right now. good boy.