• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypoC book club?

Would you be interested in a TypoC book club?

• Yup

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm only at the beginning of part 3 (busy weekend) and it's also a busy week so I'm not sure when I'll be done part 4. I'll chime in on the discussion when I get there (I think discussion was planned to start today or tomorrow?). Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the week, if not probably early next week. :)

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
if it hadn't gotten funny by exactly p. 35, i might have given up, too. i am now enjoying the journey.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm only at the beginning of part 3 (busy weekend) and it's also a busy week so I'm not sure when I'll be done part 4. I'll chime in on the discussion when I get there (I think discussion was planned to start today or tomorrow?). Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the week, if not probably early next week. :)

FEb 15th. Still lots of time. :) I just started part 2.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sorry, but I have given up on this book. It took me 45 minutes just to get through the first 10 pages because of all of the unfamiliar terminlogy. Usually, I read pretty fast and can get through 100 pages or so in an hour. I kept having to go to the glossary and then looking up the term in the glossary, I'd encounter some other terms I didn't know, so I had to look those up as well. It's like you have to read the entire glossary first to even have hope of making sense of what's going on in the story. Seems awfully backwards to me.

I guess that sort of reading just isn't my style. I like faster paced stuff and I don't mind new terminology but define the terms right there in the story itself rather than making people refer to a glossary.

I don't have time. so i'm dropping out.

Bummer. :( Feel free to jump in next time, when we'll read something a bit more accessible!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in Part 10. This is my second time reading it, and I've had some nice downtime lately. I'm enjoying it quite a bit the second time around.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I surprised myself by finishing part 6 tonight. It gets much much easier to get through after part 2 or so, apparently. I think parts 3-6 combined took about the same time to read as 1-2 combined.

So, have faith! :laugh:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I haven't read anything in about a week. It feels like work to get myself reading it again even though it's getting better :( We'll see how it goes.

N

NPcomplete

I have a test on Feb 15. I'll try to read some more but I doubt I'll be able to read much. :(

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Heh, I think this has become a Stephenson support group, rather than a book club!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm still reading the book, but I have 50 billion other things to read for class so those take priority.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not sure I'm going to be done with part 4 by Tuesday! I'll do my best though - I should have some time on Sunday to read. I think I'm on about page 115 or so.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come Tuesday, it'll look like the aftermath of a battle. The wounded will be straggling in and we'll have to organize a search for those who never made it in.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Anathem.jpg

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
F!!!! I have 2 hours between work and class with nothing to do (but I don't go home between them because there's not really enough time), and it totally didn't occur to me to bring the book with me today! Poopers. I could have gotten a lot of reading done.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Woot, I'm on part 4 now! I found the book online last night and got a lot of reading done before class. And, seeing as I don't have much on my schedule at work today, I'm reading some of it now. I think I'll be done with part 4 by Tuesday.

Some of the things I've been thinking about:
-What types are the main characters?
-The clock.... it's mentioned a lot. So are other clocks. What is its significance?
-The definitions. Why are they placed where they are within the text?
-The main characters' (Raz, Jesry and Arsiblt) different relationships with their families during Apert

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think I'm going to have to read this. I could only find the audio online( to dl)--which was boring as fuck, i kept losing focus. I'm not about to buy the book online. Swedish libraries don't have it in english.