User Tag List

View Poll Results: Vote on a derby name!

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tremenda Sass (or Thundera, or Gloria, or Dangera)

6 33.33%
  • Butternut Squash

2 11.11%
  • Leeroy Spankins (or Jenkins)

2 11.11%
  • Death By Snu-Snu

5 27.78%
  • Yes, Mayhem

4 22.22%
  • Quaker Undertaker

4 22.22%
  • Mary Poppinshins

6 33.33%
  • Strangling Modifier (or Wrangling, or Mangling)

8 44.44%
  • Shiv'ya Plath

7 38.89%
  • Madison Understatement

1 5.56%
  • Pat Minotaur

4 22.22%
  • Pwn of Arc

8 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Thread: Roller derby

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I just found out that there are mens' derby teams. It's called- I kid you not- Merby. LOVE.

So I'm definitely going for it. I don't know how long it will take me to get good enough to actually skate in a bout because I am starting at a relatively pathetic level of fitness. (That's actually one of the biggest reasons I wanted to do this- along with "it's badass" and "oh my god it's SO BADASS.") The upside is that, although I'm not that fit, I'm actually not a terrible skater. And there is really no reason I could not become fit if I put in the work- there are women larger than me on the team already who kick serious tail.

Anyway, I'm in the "Fresh Meat" class and if I don't pass assessments by July, I can just join the next class and keep working on the basic skills until I can pass assessments. In the meantime, this has all but taken over my life and consciousness. I can't think of a name that I love. Tremenda Sass is fun and all, but when you say it out loud it really just sounds like you're saying Tremendous Ass. But on the other hand, my mother hates it, so that's a plus. Other ideas:

Butternut Squash
    Death By Snu-Snu
    Lacka Patience
    Leroy Jenkins

The really sad thing is that my DJ name, Juice Box Hero, is already in use by another derby player, so I can't use it. Harumph.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

This sounds like a job for all the Ne experts.

I got nothin' unless you want to steal your son's nic strategy and apply it in some way.

In other news, Ivy, I have a friend here in AZ who I couldn't type for the longest time. Is she ISFJ? Is she INFP? She's not ISFP or INTP or INTJ or ISTJ, but I couldn't figure out her type.

Then I decided she was Type Ivy. You are not alone. She's from Charleston, over in your area-ish of the country. Maybe you guys get bred with different nutrition as young children? IDK. There are 16 types and then Type Ivy.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Anyway, I'm in the "Fresh Meat" class and if I don't pass assessments by July, I can just join the next class and keep working on the basic skills until I can pass assessments. In the meantime, this has all but taken over my life and consciousness. I can't think of a name that I love. Tremenda Sass is fun and all, but when you say it out loud it really just sounds like you're saying Tremendous Ass.
    Aw, I thought that was the appeal of it! Though it might sound more like a drag name than a derby name, since it doesn't imply you will kick said ass, only that you have one.

I hate that Juice Box Hero was taken, b/c that is awesome! Didn't we come up with a few more DJ names for you back then? Maybe one of those would work?

ANYHOO. I love nothing more than thinking up derby names, so here are some I just thought of for you. I haven't checked them against the list, though.

Syria S'injury (or however you wanna spell it)
    Yes, Mayhem
    Scarface Johannsen
    Dixie Martyr
    The Sock-her Mom
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

THOSE ARE AWESOME. I love Yes Mayhem! That is a serious contender. I've been trying to think of stuff that would go along with my line of work. It really seems like there should be some kind of play on words I could make with the term "editorial license," but I can't think of it. "Irony" would also be a fun word to fit into a derby name. It's eluding me, though.

Some of the other girls in my fresh meat class have great names already. One is Rusty Syringe. Another is Breezy Brutal Covergirl. A third is Alexandroid.

MBTI
    INTP

Ha, I love Breezy Brutal Covergirl!

Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is "Predator" in place of "Editor." Maybe Predator-in-Chief? I don't think you'd be able to get the license part in and still have people get that you're going for an editor pun.

I'll keep thinking for editor and irony stuff!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OMG. That's wonderful. Don't you think Predatorial License would work? (And it's an example of it!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Actually I think I'm mixing up the definitions of editorial license and poetic license.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    OMG. That's wonderful. Don't you think Predatorial License would work? (And it's an example of it!)
    It works! The only things I would think about are a) there might be some that aren't familiar with the phrase "editorial license," (but probably most would be), and b) it sounds more like a thing than a person. BUT, it still sounds badass!

Edit: Thought of something with irony... "The Ironic Woman," (like The Bionic Woman). People our age would get it. :-D
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

hahahaha- I was just looking at the database and I happened to glance at this one:

Britches 'n' Hose

Brilliant! I wish I were clever like that.

MBTI
    INTP

LOL! That's fab.
    Something Witty