• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

And the Oscar goes to...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Coen Brothers should have won for Fargo.

Oh, and John Dykstra is one of my personal heroes, despite the fact he worked on the visual effects for Caddyshack and Batman & Robin. But he vas just folloving orhrders!

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
So I just read Sweeney Todd has nothing in for best song, and I instead have to watch all these terrible showtunes from Enchanted. What are these people thinking?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alan Menken is like Woody Allen. He kisses up to the AMPAS. They have to give him a bunch of nominations.

I don't think Sweeney Todd would qualify, because technically, the songs aren't original for the film in which they were portrayed.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Alan Menken is like Woody Allen. He kisses up to the AMPAS. They have to give him a bunch of nominations.

I don't think Sweeney Todd would qualify, because technically, the songs aren't original for the film in which they were portrayed.

Some of them were. I remember reading that at least "My Friend" was original.

And even if they weren't. I'd rather have them nominated than this Enchanted...crap.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of them were. I remember reading that at least "My Friend" was original.

And even if they weren't. I'd rather have them nominated than this Enchanted...crap.

I'm glad I didn't see Enchanted. The songs are terrible.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's interesting how The Bourne Ultimatum was the only film in the series to get any Oscar nominations, let alone Oscar wins. (It just won for Best Sound Editing, probably means it will win for Best Sound Mixing, as well.)

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Transformers should have gotten sound editing.

I'm going to stage a coup.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you win!!!

I think Transformers should have won Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Editing, and Best Sound Mixing.

I guess neither ILM nor Skywalker Sound win this year. (I was shocked when ILM won last year for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, but it was well-deserved.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And when Ellen Page and There Will Be Blood lose their big awards I'm going to suicide bomb the Oscars.

That's what I said when Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith didn't get a nomination for Best Visual Effects!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was Reggie Jackson the villain in last year's movie The Queen? :alttongue:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am suddenly reminded of the train wreck that was the Spike TV Video Game Awards...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Once was horrible!!!!!

Though this song was the film's only redeeming quality.

Hanging guitars?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*lameness*

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I missed that. What happened?

Oh, I was referring to Jon Stewart and some other chick playing with the Wii on the big screen. The Spike TV Game Awards was pretty much a console glorification ceremony where Crysis got the shaft.