• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL Playoffs

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't have much to add, but I just want to say I'm rooting for the Seahawks. Man last week's game/victory over the Saints was so, so sweet. I think it was "beginners luck" and they'll get pounced this next game against the Bears, but here's to hoping.

Who are you rooting for? Are you following closely or are you a bandwagon fan? Predictions?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't have much to add, but I just want to say I'm rooting for the Seahawks. Man last week's game/victory over the Saints was so, so sweet. I think it was "beginners luck" and they'll get pounced this next game against the Bears, but here's to hoping.

Who are you rooting for? Are you following closely or are you a bandwagon fan? Predictions?

It's not really "beginner's luck" - it's not like these guys just started playing football last month, and it can't really be compared to a kid "accidentally" hitting a home run in his first baseball game. These guys aren't beginners. They're the very best players in the world. Even though Seattle was a lowly 7-9 during the regular season, it is normally not an easy task to win on the road. You woudn't guess that based just on last weeks games, as 3 road teams won out of 4 games. New Orleans is clearly the better team but because of the way the playoffs are structured, they had to go into Seattle and win that game and that makes it a much more difficult task. IMO, Seattle should not have gotten a home game, even though they won their division. Giving them a home game is a horrible way to reward a team for going 7-9 during the regular season. But, all 32 NFL teams are VERY GOOD (full of talent) and when they have 50,000+ roaring fans behind them, motivating them on, the home team can win even if they're much worse than the other team. If that game was in New Orleans it would have been a MUCH different game and outcome.

I'd love to see a 7-9 regular season team in the Super Bowl though. That would be hilarious. But, I don't see it happening. I think Seattle will either lose a close game this week or else will get exposed in a big way. I just can't see them winning in Chicago, but we'll see. I'm rooting for all 7 teams besides New England. If the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, I'll be happy as a football fan.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Everybody worth watching got kicked out. The only team I'm looking out for is New England and the Jets. I dont like how Michael Vick got kicked out so early. The playoffs are playing out as a real bore fest.

MBTI Type
INTJ
My team is out, so my interest is a bit muted. I also don't think the Seahawks' victory is any kind of beginner's luck. They're not better than the Saints, either. It's just that a lot of trends converged in that game that favored the Seahawks.

1. They were at home, and statistically have the best home-field advantage in the NFL by a significant margin.
2. The Saints are a dome team, and dome teams historically struggle outdoors on the road in the playoffs.
3. The Saints were exceptionally banged up, even by the standards of the end of the year when every team is banged up. Their top two running backs were hurt coming into the game, and their next two left the game with injuries. They also missed one of their best defenders, Malcolm Jenkins.
4. The Seahawks took advantage of Jenkins' injury by repeatedly targeting Roman Harper with success.
5. The Seahawks, knowing that they are not talented enough to beat the Saints by playing it safe, pulled out a couple of trick plays and risky plays. Those gambles paid off.

This is why I won money on the Seahawks :)

For the record, none of these advantages carry over into the Seahawks' game with the Bears. They did beat the Bears in Chicago this season, but the Bears were a very different team then. I expect the Bears to enjoy the comfortable victory most expected from the Saints.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My team is out, so my interest is a bit muted. I also don't think the Seahawks' victory is any kind of beginner's luck. They're not better than the Saints, either. It's just that a lot of trends converged in that game that favored the Seahawks.

1. They were at home, and statistically have the best home-field advantage in the NFL by a significant margin.
2. The Saints are a dome team, and dome teams historically struggle outdoors on the road in the playoffs.
3. The Saints were exceptionally banged up, even by the standards of the end of the year when every team is banged up. Their top two running backs were hurt coming into the game, and their next two left the game with injuries. They also missed one of their best defenders, Malcolm Jenkins.
4. The Seahawks took advantage of Jenkins' injury by repeatedly targeting Roman Harper with success.
5. The Seahawks, knowing that they are not talented enough to beat the Saints by playing it safe, pulled out a couple of trick plays and risky plays. Those gambles paid off.

This is why I won money on the Seahawks :)

For the record, none of these advantages carry over into the Seahawks' game with the Bears. They did beat the Bears in Chicago this season, but the Bears were a very different team then. I expect the Bears to enjoy the comfortable victory most expected from the Saints.

Nice pick on the Seahawks. Moneyline or ATS? That spread was ridiculous.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's not really "beginner's luck" - it's not like these guys just started playing football last month, and it can't really be compared to a kid "accidentally" hitting a home run in his first baseball game. These guys aren't beginners. They're the very best players in the world.
Obviously... I mean these are NFL players. What I meant by "beginners luck" was that their first game of the playoffs was a good one and their win: highly unexpected. I don't expect them to advance past the Bears - "beginner's luck".

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obviously... I mean these are NFL players. What I meant by "beginners luck" was that their first game of the playoffs was a good one and their win: highly unexpected. I don't expect them to advance past the Bears - "beginner's luck".

I think its unlikely they'll beat the Bears. But who says they can't have another unexpected victory? I'd like to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely that will happen but would be interesting.

If not the Seahawks, than the Patriots.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think its unlikely they'll beat the Bears. But who says they can't have another unexpected victory? I'd like to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely that will happen but would be interesting.

If not the Seahawks, than the Patriots.

I was on board with this post until you mentioned the Patriots. :(

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Yeah. I thought we were going to see an all-out brawl. Steelers looked asleep for the first half of the game, but fuck was that an exciting second half. Especially with Flacco being so kind as to hand us the ball...

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Bye bye Seachickens. Now if we can just get the Patriots out of the picture. Jets really goofed in the 1st quarter when they didn't cash in on the interception. The Patiots tight end saved them 7 points by running that guy down.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everyone in Seattle is calling me a traitor, whatevz ;)! Go Bears!!!!!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol it's all good ;) you Seahawks fans don't phase me! Losers... Hahahaaa.