• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL Playoffs

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh well. There's always next year.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well - maybe there is still hope!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a puny trophy anyway

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I hate the Jets...buh bye.

Can someone tell me why the Steelers only have the emblem on ONE side of their helmet? I've wondered since childhood. No other team does that.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I hate the Jets...buh bye.

Can someone tell me why the Steelers only have the emblem on ONE side of their helmet? I've wondered since childhood. No other team does that.

Google is a powerful tool:

The new Steelmark logo was originally only applied to one side of the helmet (the right side) by equipment manager Jack Hart because the Steelers were uncertain how it would look on their solid gold helmets. Even when they later switched their helmet color to solid black, they decided to permanently retain the logo on just the one side due to the team's new success and the interest generated by the logo's uniqueness. The Steelers are now the only team in the NFL to sport its logo on only one side of the helmet.

Source for more information: http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/steelers/a/logo.htm

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YEAH PACKERS! Not a technical packers fan, just that the Steelers have been to the superbowl 6 times and it's nice to see another team get there for once. Also the first superbwol I ever watched was the last one the where the Greenbay packers won.

So any thoughts on half-time show or the commercials?

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
YEAH PACKERS! Not a technical packers fan, just that the Steelers have been to the superbowl 6 times and it's nice to see another team get there for once. Also the first superbwol I ever watched was the last one the where the Greenbay packers won.

So any thoughts on half-time show or the commercials?

Actually they have been 8 times, won 6.

Luckily I fell asleep at halftime and didn't have to endure the Black Eyed peas. I usually watch the puppy bowl anyway, but did that earlier in the day.

90% of the commercials were lame. They get worse every year IMO. They try too hard I think and I loathe advertising in general. There were 2-3 that kinda stood out. A Hyundai one was good about old vs. new, maybe Verizon (but I can't stand that guy) was fairly clever with the apple tease. The one with Adrien Brody was painful to watch....weird choice and weird commercial. I like the actor and like the beer, but not the commercial. Not many others memorable. Lowest common denominators.

The super bowl is such a spectacle its kinda sickening. Too many time outs and delays for TV, pandering to different demos, too much hype and build up. That said, it was a good game and I was glad Green bay won. I like Aaron Rogers, but am not a packers fan. I think he is better than Farve and is fun to watch like Brady. Lots of dropped passes almost blew it though. These guys are pros and drop some easy balls all the time. Amazing. That must have been a record for fewest rushes by a winning team. Less than 15 when all was done (including the kneel downs I think even).