User Tag List

First 678

Thread: NFL Playoffs

I wouldn't say that a rape conviction is the only way someone can be a rapist. But I would say that a rape conviction is the only way someone not directly involved in the events should be confident calling someone a rapist.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

oh no not another rape debate

but yes eff, agreed

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I wouldn't say that a rape conviction is the only way someone can be a rapist. But I would say that a rape conviction is the only way someone not directly involved in the events should be confident calling someone a rapist.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    When the accused doesn't have access to the "best" legal representation money can buy, which is the case with most rape accusations, I would probably agree. But the reality is, money buys justice. This wealth disparity is more evident with rape than with other crimes (like murder) because it is so difficult to prove a crime was even committed.

Roethlisberger has had more than one incident. If it happened only once, I could see myself giving him the benefit of the doubt. Twice? Not a chance, not with the type of money he can throw at the problem to avoid having to face the consequences of his actions.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."