User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Default How does this seem it would work in World of Warcraft?

User:Minionman/Changed Levelling System - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Just curious what the large chunk of people who play it would think of these changes. i know they almost certainly won't happen, as said in the article, but as usual I tend to just come up with these ideas naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am still trying to understand the changes being suggested (it was a little confusing moving from the overview to the detailed sections, I was having trouble seeing the correlation)...

... but one of the obvious questions is, what percentages of players actually enjoy grouping vs solo, and why is there an assumption that people would want to group more? Forcing people to group does promote the development of groupplay skills, but maybe many people prefer soloing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... but one of the obvious questions is, what percentages of players actually enjoy grouping vs solo, and why is there an assumption that people would want to group more? Forcing people to group does promote the development of groupplay skills, but maybe many people prefer soloing.
    I would not enjoy being forced to group...I practically always drop something marked as a group quest.

Obviously, I'm also on a low-population server, but I've run into too many idiots-idiots, not inexperienced group players-to want to be forced into grouping. Especially considering how much trouble I've had trying to pick up a couple more people for a group.

Being forced to do a couple two man quests might not be so bad...it would be easier to find someone, and would provide some experience in working together.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I adjusted the writing of the first few posts to make it clearer what the goals of these changes would be. The main point of these changes is to reduce level grinding, as well as deal with some problems it causes, among which are difficulties with instance groups.

The descriptions of the changes were rewritten to make it clearer why they would be suggested. the main change would be to increase the levels of azeroth and outland areas to create a smaller character level range. Other changes would be done to support this main change andhelp it work better.
    Last edited by Zergling; 02-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.