• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW type statistics

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most good starcraft players are INTJ
99719cdb2285fcd979b2a591d5d9f867e2bfa3a6.png

202d2204d1a0893474fa0438866aee506be9f86d.png

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Wait, are you sure that's right? Due to the insane amount of belfs, I find that INTJs being the top type is weird...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP's score 1st @counterstrike. That's a game for real men :D

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuG7KNglgcM"].[/youtube]

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP's score 1st @counterstrike. That's a game for real men :D

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuG7KNglgcM"].[/youtube]

I read a story about this guy who was playing counter strike ....and a guy he knew pissed him really bad in the game, so he went to his house and shot him. Don't know why I found this story fucking hilarious.

It's interesting how Js and Ps will play in starcraft.
The J has a very solid strategy and pays much attention to most of the game's details, while the P does some crazy move, attacking him in the first minutes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea counterstrike got victimized for all psychopaths. In Germany it was banned after another shooting at a school, still the shootings wouldnt stop.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well at least they were pros. Who would want some noob shooting the wrong person. : ))))

Nobody goes on a killing spree because of Wow. It's so not fun.

KDude

Kind of interesting.. And it seems in general that ISTPs are the only SP who could get heavily into gaming.. I don't know why that is.

I wonder why the heck ENFJ and ESFJ is so high and INFP so low though..

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Js tend to stick with stuff, Ps tend to binge for a while and then leave, is my guess. :laugh:

seriously, though, i found that when i haunted the gaia forums as a teenager, i had a hard time because i'd get REALLY drawn into the forums, lose track of real life, and then swing back into real life again and lose track of gaia. i feel like J's steady regulation is better-suited to that kind of thing. NFPs tend to be so dreamy anyway, we'd just get sucked into that world...

i dunno though. personally, i played WoW for a couple days. it was interesting, but way too involved and removed from daily life to capture as much of my attention as it would need for me to do well.

KDude

You make a good point. I've never stuck for very long in an MMO either... although I've experimented with a few. That all said, I love fantasy settings. And I can't say that I care about daily life much. I mean, I always have some hobby or some interest that's at the expense of socializing or doing something in daily life. I might just write my own fantasy stories one of these days. I could probably stick with MMOs though if they improve the storytelling and RPG stuff. A lot of quests just seem like pointless tasks. The whole thing becomes a grind after awhile.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Only if isn't an epic killing of boars.. :rolli:

Uh, I want all of these quests to be more crafted, I guess. Like a tabletop or single player game.

Yeah, in MMORGs, the focus is usually on fighting, spelling, etc. , in short, the gaming experience; The atmosphere is seldom really good. Problem is that games like WoW are mistaking "gaming experience" for "let'em grind their ass off". That's the reason why I already stopped playing WoW at lvl 10 or so.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I've had a conversation with a bunch of my 'guild-mates' in WoW about MBTI. Most of them reported that they got INTJ on the test.... And I can tell you for sure that of the ones I know decently well... Many of them are very unlikely INTJs.

I think this has a lot to do with poor online tests, and bad typing, tbh.....

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Problem is that games like WoW are mistaking "gaming experience" for "let'em grind their ass off". That's the reason why I already stopped playing WoW at lvl 10 or so.

Out of every MMORPG I have played (and the list is extensive) WoW is the least "grind your ass off" of them all. Leveling in WoW is substantially easier than any other MMO in existence, and many of it's players view the end-game content as the real gameplay. It's really impossible for anyone who hasn't made it to the cap level and experienced end-game PVP and end-game raiding to understand why players continue to play. It's really not about leveling.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Keep in mind that the survey was mostly confined to Paragon, one of the most accomplished and competitive guilds in World of Warcraft's population of 11-odd million, and its members' colleagues. INTx players, it should come as no surprise, likely combine the most meticulous learning, comprehension and theorizing of game mechanics with the fewest social distractions.

A more enlightening survey might determine players' preferred classes, role-type, in-game feature and capacity in a guild. In my experience, NTs excel in PvE while SPs dominate PvP; Js focus on or favor a main while Ps tend to need variety, even to the point of impeding their own progress by stretching resources among a dozen characters. Informative personalities seem to enjoy caster classes while directive personalities crave melee. The beauty of the game is that these differences form highly effective group composites.

Edit: I also note that these threads tend to derail into personal opinions of the game.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Keep in mind that the survey was mostly confined to Paragon, one of the most accomplished and competitive guilds in World of Warcraft's population of 11-odd million, and its members' colleagues. INTx players, it should come as no surprise, likely combine the most meticulous learning, comprehension and theorizing of game mechanics with the fewest social distractions.

A more enlightening survey might determine players' preferred classes, role-type, in-game feature and capacity in a guild. In my experience, NTs excel in PvE while SPs dominate PvP; Js focus on or favor a main while Ps tend to need variety, even to the point of impeding their own progress by stretching resources among a dozen characters. Informative personalities seem to enjoy caster classes while directive personalities crave melee. The beauty of the game is that these differences form highly effective group composites.

Edit: I also note that these threads tend to derail into personal opinions of the game.

hehe :D

Like ur categorisation and it's what I'ld say too. I even fit the description perfectly, I am playing WoW with my girlfriend for 3 years now and we still have no character at highest level. It's not her fault tho, I dread it cause I fear it's the end of the game. I have a lvl 68 rogue, lvl 76 dk, lvl 64 warrior, lvl 68 druid and the momentarily active character is a lvl 29 paladin. My girlfriend has a lvl 68 warlock, a lvl 75 dk, a lvl 65 warlock, one lvl 69 warlock and momentarily she has a lvl 29 warlock hahaha :D. All on a PvE server and it's obvious who has the Pness here :D

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
hehe :D

Like ur categorisation and it's what I'ld say too. I even fit the description perfectly, I am playing WoW with my girlfriend for 3 years now and we still have no character at highest level. It's not her fault tho, I dread it cause I fear it's the end of the game. I have a lvl 68 rogue, lvl 76 dk, lvl 64 warrior, lvl 68 druid and the momentarily active character is a lvl 29 paladin. My girlfriend has a lvl 68 warlock, a lvl 75 dk, a lvl 65 warlock, one lvl 69 warlock and momentarily she has a lvl 29 warlock hahaha :D. All on a PvE server and it's obvious who has the Pness here :D

You lost me...:shock:

My ex was an INTJ and he would play Civilization non-stop for days - this was pre WoW, but I could totally see him getting into that kind of thing.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Of the roughly 800 people in the survey 21 were from Paragon and 75 total from top guilds. The survey does include type statistics by class and the results have INTJ has top of every class and ENTJ among the top on almost every class with some variation among the other types.