User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    A lot of quests just seem like pointless tasks. The whole thing becomes a grind after awhile.
    Are you calling killing boars pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Are you calling killing boars pointless?
    Only if isn't an epic killing of boars.. :rolli:

Uh, I want all of these quests to be more crafted, I guess. Like a tabletop or single player game.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Only if isn't an epic killing of boars.. :rolli:

Uh, I want all of these quests to be more crafted, I guess. Like a tabletop or single player game.
    Yeah, in MMORGs, the focus is usually on fighting, spelling, etc. , in short, the gaming experience; The atmosphere is seldom really good. Problem is that games like WoW are mistaking "gaming experience" for "let'em grind their ass off". That's the reason why I already stopped playing WoW at lvl 10 or so.
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've had a conversation with a bunch of my 'guild-mates' in WoW about MBTI. Most of them reported that they got INTJ on the test.... And I can tell you for sure that of the ones I know decently well... Many of them are very unlikely INTJs.

I think this has a lot to do with poor online tests, and bad typing, tbh.....
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    Problem is that games like WoW are mistaking "gaming experience" for "let'em grind their ass off". That's the reason why I already stopped playing WoW at lvl 10 or so.
    Out of every MMORPG I have played (and the list is extensive) WoW is the least "grind your ass off" of them all. Leveling in WoW is substantially easier than any other MMO in existence, and many of it's players view the end-game content as the real gameplay. It's really impossible for anyone who hasn't made it to the cap level and experienced end-game PVP and end-game raiding to understand why players continue to play. It's really not about leveling.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Keep in mind that the survey was mostly confined to Paragon, one of the most accomplished and competitive guilds in World of Warcraft's population of 11-odd million, and its members' colleagues. INTx players, it should come as no surprise, likely combine the most meticulous learning, comprehension and theorizing of game mechanics with the fewest social distractions.

A more enlightening survey might determine players' preferred classes, role-type, in-game feature and capacity in a guild. In my experience, NTs excel in PvE while SPs dominate PvP; Js focus on or favor a main while Ps tend to need variety, even to the point of impeding their own progress by stretching resources among a dozen characters. Informative personalities seem to enjoy caster classes while directive personalities crave melee. The beauty of the game is that these differences form highly effective group composites.

Edit: I also note that these threads tend to derail into personal opinions of the game.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Keep in mind that the survey was mostly confined to Paragon, one of the most accomplished and competitive guilds in World of Warcraft's population of 11-odd million, and its members' colleagues. INTx players, it should come as no surprise, likely combine the most meticulous learning, comprehension and theorizing of game mechanics with the fewest social distractions.

A more enlightening survey might determine players' preferred classes, role-type, in-game feature and capacity in a guild. In my experience, NTs excel in PvE while SPs dominate PvP; Js focus on or favor a main while Ps tend to need variety, even to the point of impeding their own progress by stretching resources among a dozen characters. Informative personalities seem to enjoy caster classes while directive personalities crave melee. The beauty of the game is that these differences form highly effective group composites.

Edit: I also note that these threads tend to derail into personal opinions of the game.
    hehe

Like ur categorisation and it's what I'ld say too. I even fit the description perfectly, I am playing WoW with my girlfriend for 3 years now and we still have no character at highest level. It's not her fault tho, I dread it cause I fear it's the end of the game. I have a lvl 68 rogue, lvl 76 dk, lvl 64 warrior, lvl 68 druid and the momentarily active character is a lvl 29 paladin. My girlfriend has a lvl 68 warlock, a lvl 75 dk, a lvl 65 warlock, one lvl 69 warlock and momentarily she has a lvl 29 warlock hahaha . All on a PvE server and it's obvious who has the Pness here
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Apparently WoW causes murders, but not killing sprees.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technolog...arcraft-murder

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    hehe

Like ur categorisation and it's what I'ld say too. I even fit the description perfectly, I am playing WoW with my girlfriend for 3 years now and we still have no character at highest level. It's not her fault tho, I dread it cause I fear it's the end of the game. I have a lvl 68 rogue, lvl 76 dk, lvl 64 warrior, lvl 68 druid and the momentarily active character is a lvl 29 paladin. My girlfriend has a lvl 68 warlock, a lvl 75 dk, a lvl 65 warlock, one lvl 69 warlock and momentarily she has a lvl 29 warlock hahaha . All on a PvE server and it's obvious who has the Pness here
    You lost me...

My ex was an INTJ and he would play Civilization non-stop for days - this was pre WoW, but I could totally see him getting into that kind of thing.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post

Of the roughly 800 people in the survey 21 were from Paragon and 75 total from top guilds. The survey does include type statistics by class and the results have INTJ has top of every class and ENTJ among the top on almost every class with some variation among the other types.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil